Not pretty, but Wroxham win
Wroxham 1, Debenham LC 0Not a pretty game to watch but the main thing was that Wroxham collected the three points. They started with Painter and Spriggs up front and manager David Batch was resting Cook, Howes and Lemmon.
Wroxham 1, Debenham LC 0
Not a pretty game to watch but the main thing was that Wroxham collected the three points.
They started with Painter and Spriggs up front and manager David Batch was resting Cook, Howes and Lemmon.
Nothing much happened in the first 15 minutes but then Wroxham started to get in gear - Spriggs took a 30-yard driver which just skimmed past the post.
You may also want to watch:
Wroxham were now beginning to get on top. It was in the 25th minute when they went ahead with Simpson putting over a lovely cross which found Gary Gilmore 20 yards from goal, who volleyed the ball into the top corner of the net.
Whilst looking good going forward Wroxham appeared unusually nervous at the back, twice gifting possession to Debenham in dangerous areas.
- 2 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 3 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 4 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 7 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 8 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 9 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 10 How to claim a free Norwich City sticker book
Stand-in forward French was unable to accept the opportunity set up by Taylor-Holt and the livewire Gedny capitalised on another error to force Howie into a block with his legs as striker burst clear.
Debenham had a goal disallowed for offside in the 35th minute and nothing much more happened, bringing the first half to an end.
Debenham came out strongly in the second half and had a couple of quick corners which were dealt with by the Wroxham defence.
The Yachtsmen had several other chances to score but failed to find the net.
Debenham were also guilty of not scoring when they had a couple of very good chances that they wasted.
Nothing much happened for the rest of the game, the ball was in the air for most of the time but didn't result in any more goals.