MATCHDAY RECAP: City take one step closer to promotion with Forest win
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Carefree, clinical and joyous to watch. Those are the best words to use to describe Norwich City's victory at Nottingham Forest - and you can recap all the action, updates and analysis via our live matchday blog.
Teemu Pukki's 21st goal of the season inside the opening 10 minutes set the tempo for a pleasing evening for Daniel Farke's men.
City were without their creator in chief Emi Buendia, who became a father for the second time on Tuesday. His replacement Kieran Dowell netted his first league goal for the club to double their advantage. His effort from range flew past Jordan Smith and into the net.
Kenny McLean had a glorious chance to add gloss to the victory before half-time but saw his effort smothered by Smith. Forest failed to majorly threaten Tim Krul's goal as City entered game management mode to move 13 points clear of third placed Swansea.
Daniel Farke's men have now set a new club record for successive victories. You would expect it's the first of many records set to be broken in the coming weeks.
- Recap the action with our Canaries correspondent Connor Southwell via our live matchday blog above.
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 3 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 4 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 5 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 6 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 7 City defender likened to a 'young Rio Ferdinand'
- 8 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal
- 9 Former City loanee set for new deal at Borussia Dortmund
- 10 Local lad tag weighs heavy on Cantwell's shoulders