Nower helps Planters secure away point
Needham Market 1, Norwich United 1: An early goal from Jordan Blyth and a string of fine saves from goalkeeper Ben Nower secured the Planters a hard-fought point against Needham Market in the Premier Division.
Needham Market 1, Norwich United 1
An early goal from Jordan Blyth and a string of fine saves from goalkeeper Ben Nower secured the Planters a hard-fought point against Needham Market in the Premier Division.
After a promising opening which saw Blyth shoot narrowly over, the Planters took the lead in the seventh minute when Ricci Butler released Andrew Claydon down the left-hand side, and Claydon's shot was saved by Liam Jones, but he followed up to head goalward and Blyth was on hand to net from close range.
The Planters had the better chances during the remainder of the first half and Chris Squires saw his deflected shot well saved by Jones, and Claydon did well to turn a defender to run into the box, but shot wide.
You may also want to watch:
Three minutes before the break, Matt Buckle's shot on the turn was well saved by Nower.
Needham equalised two minutes after the break when James Evans headed home at the far post.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 3 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 4 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 5 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 8 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 9 Connor Southwell: Why Emi Buendia must be crowned City's Player of the Season
- 10 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
This prompted much pressure from the home side and Nower did well to tip over a shot from Buckle that was heading for the top corner.
Nower also did well to deny Danny Thrower on two occasions and the Planters somehow survived a goalmouth scramble which saw the ball hit the crossbar.
t Tonight's games in the Premier Division see Kirkley & Pakefield host Dereham and Woodbridge entertain Leiston.
t Great Yarmouth Town 3, Diss Town 1
Following the excellent game at Diss last month, this was another thrilling contest deservedly won by the Bloaters in Division One.
Savage opened the scoring after 15 minutes with a tremendous shot from outside the box - this after Ager and Roberts both had good chances for the home side.
Two Hilton saves preserved Yarmouth's lead to the break.
Bartley made it 2-0 in the 58th minute after Roach and Roberts worked the chance.
Huckle got one back for Diss after the Yarmouth defence was slow to clear, but after Diss made strong efforts to draw level, Smith wrapped it up for Yarmouth four minutes from time, after a Reed shot hit the post.