Odd-goal defeat for Bungay
Bungay Town Ladies once again lost by the odd goal, this time 3-2 away at Ipswich Wanderers.
Defensive frailties from corners were again the major cause of their downfall.
Bungay started brightly with the front two of Imogen Williams and Michelle Stanborough causing Ipswich problems with their pace, and it was no surprise when Leo Daulby put Michelle through to race on to and beat the keeper,
Bungay were grateful to keeper Remy Dowe however as she managed to change direction and push the ball round the post from a deflected shot, but then the self-destruct button was well and truly pushed as twice from right wing corners Bungay failed to clear the ball, allowing Ipswich to score easily each time.
The second half was only a few minutes old when again the same thing happened as a penalty was given away for hand-ball as Bungay scrambled from yet another corner which Ipswich scored, but as the second half continued Bungay began to dominated the game with Lauren Mickleburgh driving them forward from centre midfield.
You may also want to watch:
As they pressed Ipswich more and more further back the only reward they got was from Lauren Purling as she ran through on to a loose ball to guide the ball home at the far post, but major disapointment followed as they thought they had gained a point as Michelle Stanborough score late on only for yet another controversial off-side flag to be raised.
If only Bungay could clear a corner they would now be sitting nicely in mid table. Player of match Imogen Williams.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumour: Boro full-back on the radar
- 2 City forward closing in on Huddersfield loan move
- 3 'We’ll both push each other for that shirt' - City ace's Aarons battle
- 4 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 5 Former Norwich City chief set for Hibs
- 6 'They want the best for me' - Youngster's debt to City for loan chance
- 7 HAVE YOUR SAY: Where will Norwich City finish in the Premier League next season?
- 8 'A great guy' - Tributes to much-loved City fan who travelled home and away
- 9 Is it much ado about nothing for worried Norwich fans?
- 10 Hibs role too good to turn down for ex-City chief