Oh Sammy Clingan… it could have been you
The Man would like to digitally extend an arm to whoever started singing “Oh Sammy Clingan, it could’ve been you” on Saturday. A prime cut of Carra Rud humour, that. Top marks for not only marking his certain regret, but for what it represented.
The one guy we thought could help us survive the doldrums, let alone get out of them, walked out.
Maybe he deserved better around him? But Wessi showed the loyalty and got rewarded.
Sammy didn’t – and got rewarded with Wessi’s shirt and his own song.
It has been a crazy time, and it’s not going to stop any time soon. The goals are clear – so are the priorities: a) Make sure there’s a club next season, and b) Make sure Lambo is at it. The rest will fall into place.
You may also want to watch:
As for The Man’s 2010-11 season review? Lost to Watford, reality check. Were good for a bit, then got better. Smashed I****** twice, 9-2. Showed 23 clubs how it’s done, including the ‘best team in the Chumpionship’ who only took a point off us.
Presumably that’s the same school of thought as Leeds being the best side in League One last season?
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 3 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 4 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 6 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
- 7 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
- 8 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
We mocked Swansea, laughed at Cardiff. Cried. Promoted. Perfect. Party. We are Premier League. How about that…
• Who knows whether there’s an I****** equivalent of The Man out there. The Bin Man perhaps?
If there is, reading that particular review of the season should be good value. Especially the two 2-0 wins over Cardiff that got them six completely meaningless points against a side that should’ve thrashed them, drunk or sober.
Instead, it helped send us up, so thanks for that. We’ll return the favour too. The Man can’t wait to watch them bum around in the lower reaches of the Chumpionship for another 12 months.
• A word to ManUre. Yes, you’ve thrown your toys out of the pram because those big bad owners ruined your poor club so badly you’re chumpions again (yawn).
But the fun’s over now. We’ll be turning up, taking rightful ownership of our colours and then we’ll beat you. Again.
It’s just like watching Norwich? You’ll be lucky.
• Who would have thought Irish football would be so good? They must be sitting there desperate for Euro 2012 to come around so they can annihilate everyone at a canter.
At least, that’s why The Man assumes Trapattoni feels it’s OK to keep ignoring Wes.
Really it does us a favour. A bit of rest and Wessi can get ready to run rings around the Prem, rather than running round for a few pointless internationals.
After all, playing well clearly isn’t going to get him the call.