Old Catton Rovers 1, Ketts Tavern Toucans 2
Only two games were played in the Norwich and District Saturday League this weekend due to the weather. One match that did survive was a close game between Old Catton Rovers and Ketts Tavern Toucans.
Ketts took the lead after five minutes after the Catton back four were caught flat by a ball over the top flicked on to the away striker whose side foot shot found the corner.
On the half-hour mark Catton were awarded a penalty after the ball struck the hand of a Ketts defender in the area. Luke Ward slammed the resultant spot kick against the crossbar.
Ketts doubled their lead five minutes into the second half. The Catton left-back intercepted a ball from the right with a looping volley that fell nicely for Ketts’ right winger to run on to and hit home on the bounce with the goalkeeper left stranded.
Catton reduced the arrears on 65 minutes with a half volley on the turn into the bottom corner from Jacob Dorman.
You may also want to watch:
Luke Ward hit the bar for a second time on 75 minutes after finding space to hit a shot from 20 yards.
The woodwork came to Catton’s rescue for a third time five minutes from the end after an angled shot from 25 yards had the Ketts keeper beaten but bounced off the top of the bar for a goal kick.
- 1 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 2 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 4 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 5 Paddy Davitt verdict: Wazza and City's great leap forward
- 6 'We showed Norwich too much respect' - Rooney on Rams' reverse
- 8 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 9 ‘Ninety points is usually enough’ - Dowell buzzing for City’s big day
- 10 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?