Old Catton Rovers 1, Ketts Tavern Toucans 2
Only two games were played in the Norwich and District Saturday League this weekend due to the weather. One match that did survive was a close game between Old Catton Rovers and Ketts Tavern Toucans.
Ketts took the lead after five minutes after the Catton back four were caught flat by a ball over the top flicked on to the away striker whose side foot shot found the corner.
On the half-hour mark Catton were awarded a penalty after the ball struck the hand of a Ketts defender in the area. Luke Ward slammed the resultant spot kick against the crossbar.
Ketts doubled their lead five minutes into the second half. The Catton left-back intercepted a ball from the right with a looping volley that fell nicely for Ketts’ right winger to run on to and hit home on the bounce with the goalkeeper left stranded.
Catton reduced the arrears on 65 minutes with a half volley on the turn into the bottom corner from Jacob Dorman.
You may also want to watch:
Luke Ward hit the bar for a second time on 75 minutes after finding space to hit a shot from 20 yards.
The woodwork came to Catton’s rescue for a third time five minutes from the end after an angled shot from 25 yards had the Ketts keeper beaten but bounced off the top of the bar for a goal kick.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp
- 2 Giannoulis knows all about reported Canaries target Tzolis
- 3 Ex-Norwich City striker heading for Finland
- 4 Canaries unveil black and turquoise away kit
- 5 Ranking every Norwich City away kit from the 21st century from worst to first
- 6 The truth behind Cantwell to Aston Villa rumours and when City fans should worry
- 7 'That is gorgeous' - City fans loving new away kit
- 8 'We were so close' - Lambert's rare reflection on his success at City
- 9 WINDOW WATCH: All the latest Canaries news discussed
- 10 David Freezer: City will be desperate to avoid further disruption