Old Catton Rovers 1, Ketts Tavern Toucans 2
Only two games were played in the Norwich and District Saturday League this weekend due to the weather. One match that did survive was a close game between Old Catton Rovers and Ketts Tavern Toucans.
Ketts took the lead after five minutes after the Catton back four were caught flat by a ball over the top flicked on to the away striker whose side foot shot found the corner.
On the half-hour mark Catton were awarded a penalty after the ball struck the hand of a Ketts defender in the area. Luke Ward slammed the resultant spot kick against the crossbar.
Ketts doubled their lead five minutes into the second half. The Catton left-back intercepted a ball from the right with a looping volley that fell nicely for Ketts’ right winger to run on to and hit home on the bounce with the goalkeeper left stranded.
Catton reduced the arrears on 65 minutes with a half volley on the turn into the bottom corner from Jacob Dorman.
You may also want to watch:
Luke Ward hit the bar for a second time on 75 minutes after finding space to hit a shot from 20 yards.
The woodwork came to Catton’s rescue for a third time five minutes from the end after an angled shot from 25 yards had the Ketts keeper beaten but bounced off the top of the bar for a goal kick.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 7 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 10 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City