'Best loan signing since Huckerby' - Skipp leaves Norwich fans purring
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Oliver Skipp's first-ever senior goal topped off another impressive performance for the Tottenham Hotspur loanee.
The 20-year-old has caught the eye for the Canaries this season, playing a pivotal role as City moved 10 points clear at the summit of the Championship table with their promotion rivals all in action on Wednesday evening.
Skipp's performances have reduced long-standing midfielder Alex Tettey to very little in term of starts in the league and looks set for a Premier League return regardless of whether Norwich can achieve promotion come the end of the season.
The energy and industry the youngster injects into City's game belies his years., his passing is incisive and purposeful. That was graphically illustrated through his lung-busting run in stoppage time to tap home after Lukas Rupp squared the Spurs loanee the ball.
Teemu Pukki netted twice to add a further two goals to his tally, making it six from his last four outings. The Finnish international also missed a penalty in the opening period.
- You can read the thoughts of Norwich City supporters above and below
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries win clash of the top two
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' stirring 1-0 Championship win against Brentford
- 3 Not so fast Thomas. Farke dismisses Brentford boss claims after 1-0 City win
- 4 Farke would rather have a drink with Guardiola than Town's new boss next season
- 5 City ready to fight fire with fire against Toney and the Bees
- 6 'Quality' City loanee 'unlucky with injuries' during Rovers spell, says Johnson
- 7 Millwall forward praises City's defensive steel
- 8 Norwich City v Brentford: everything you need to know
- 9 'Massive' - City fans full of praise after vital Brentford win
- 10 City take 'massive step' to the Premier League admits McLean