Omozusi's season-long stay confirmed
Elliott Omozusi is to stay with City for the rest of the season - and wants to celebrate with a rare away victory today. The Canaries head for The Valley in the third round of the FA Cup - a competition that still has that extra 'buzz' for the 20-year-old loanee from Fulham.
Elliott Omozusi is to stay with City for the rest of the season - and wants to celebrate with a rare away victory today.
The Canaries head for The Valley in the third round of the FA Cup - a competition that still has that extra “buzz” for the 20-year-old loanee from Fulham.
“It's always a special competition,” said Omozusi. “We are playing Charlton away but hopefully if we beat Charlton it gives us an opportunity to step outside our league and play someone from the premiership. We think about it quite a bit - we've had a little discussion earlier that if we beat Charlton we could potentially go to Old Trafford and play United.
“I think playing outside the league gives you a different sort of buzz and hopefully if we win tomorrow we can take confidence and take that back into the league and hopefully it will improve our league form.
You may also want to watch:
“It's getting really tight down there, but hopefully it gives us an opportunity to suck a little bit of confidence out of them if we beat them.
“We are definitely going to go down there and go for it - league or cup we definitely want to win.
- 1 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 2 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 3 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 4 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 5 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 6 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 7 Norwich City Debate Recap: Academy prospects to fill in, loan break clauses and Drmic all discussed
- 8 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 9 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 10 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round
“We played them not too long ago so we know what they are all about, they want to get the ball forward as quickly as possible, so hopefully we will deal with that and come away with a win.”
Omozusi's Carrow Road stay been confirmed as season-long after City boss Glenn Roeder spoke to his Fulham counterpart, Roy Hodgson, who had retained the right of recall during the first week of the new year.
“It's good to get things sorted,” said Omozusi. “I had a little talk with Roy Hodgson and he wished me all the best for the season and I go back there in pre-season and start afresh.
“He sent me here to play as many games as I can and to get the experience he couldn't promise me this season at Fulham. He said to keep battling on and hopefully come back a better player for it.
“The boys at Fulham have done a tremendous job so far this season and I'd love to go back and be a part of their success.”