Once, twice, three times the best in the division
Norwich City expect to have more season ticket-holders than any other Championship club next season - for the third time in a row. A total of 17,296 supporters renewed their seats by Sunday's second deadline, more than 85 per cent of the current total of 20,096.
Norwich City expect to have more season ticket-holders than any other Championship club next season - for the third time in a row.
A total of 17,296 supporters renewed their seats by Sunday's second deadline, more than 85 per cent of the current total of 20,096.
Those yet to renew have until Saturday, May 19, to claim their place for 2007-08 before ticket office staff start offering seats to those on the waiting list.
City's director of sales and marketing, Andrew Cullen, said: “The figure of 17,296 is slightly up on the total of 17,128 for the same period last year, and the waiting list has grown to 1,349.”
You may also want to watch:
Regardless of who is promoted or relegated to the Championship at the end of the season - with Watford and Scunthorpe the only definite newcomers - the Canaries are confident they will sell more season tickets than any other club in the division.
“We must thank our supporters for choosing to renew for next season in such high numbers,” said Cullen.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 3 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 4 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 5 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 6 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 7 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 8 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 9 Connor Southwell: Why Emi Buendia must be crowned City's Player of the Season
- 10 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
“It has a knock-on effect right through the club because it makes the club more attractive to sponsors and gives us a greater chance of achieving our aims on the field.
“It's odds-on we'll have the most season ticket-holders in the Championship again, as we have had for the last two seasons.
“Last year we had some on open sale over the summer before we reached our ceiling, but for the best chance of getting a season ticket I would recommend that people sign up for the waiting list.”
City had their highest gate of the season of 25,476 for Sunday's game against Ipswich and their Championship average of 24,503 is bettered only by Sunderland and Derby.
After the third and final renewal deadline of May 19, season ticket-holders wishing to change seats will have “movers' and shakers' week” from May 22 to May 29 to choose a new vantage point.
If seats are left, fans on the first half of the waiting list will be able to buy tickets from May 31 to June 6.
Those remaining on the list will get their chance to claim seats from June 7 to 13.
Further information is available from the Carrow Road ticket office on 0870 444 1902.