Just one Canaries player named in Championship Team of the Month
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City may have won all five of their games in March but just one of the league leaders’ players has been named in the WhoScored.com Championship Team of the Month.
The monthly XI is comprised each month by statistics website WhoScored.com, who state they use over 300 raw statistics to form their ratings, and published on the Sky Sports website.
But the only Norwich player to feature in the latest Team of the Month is Argentine attacker Emi Buendia, whose performances were given an average rating of 7.87 out of 10.
That’s despite Daniel Farke’s team winning five out five to take firm control of the automatic promotion race, scoring 10 goals and conceding four.
That began with a 3-1 win at Millwall in which Buendia created two of the goals and continued with consecutive Carrow Road successes, beating Swansea 1-0 thanks to a thumping strike from the former Argentina U20 international, and Hull 3-2, in which the 22-year-old scored a brace.
You may also want to watch:
A 2-1 win at Rotherham was then built on with an impressive 1-0 win at play-off chasing Middlesbrough, in which Buendia won the ball back ahead of Onel Hernandez’s winner.
In total the summer signing, for a reported £1.5million from Spanish side Getafe, has seven goals and 15 assists to his name from 37 games in all competitions – to become a hugely popular player with City fans.
- 1 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 4 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 5 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 6 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 7 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 8 How Trent and Walker are shaping City star's progression
- 9 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 10 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
The Team of the Month summary says of Buendia: “Buendia has unquestionably been one of the signings of the season in the Championship and seems to improve with every month.
“The Argentine added three goals and two assists to his commendable tallies in March, while no player created more chances (15).”
WhoScored.com Championship Team of the Month for March: Sam Johnstone (West Brom); Luke Ayling (Leeds), Jack O’Connell (Sheff Utd), Adam Webster (Bristol City), Enda Stevens (Sheff Utd); Jon McGinn (Aston Villa), Chris Brunt (West Brom); EMI BUENDIA (NORWICH), Pablo Hernandez (Leeds Utd), Said Benrahma (Brentford); Tammy Abraham (Aston Villa)