Onel Hernandez reveals reason he got a Norwich City tattoo
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Onel Hernandez's love for Norwich City was the key reason behind his decision to get the Canaries badge tattooed on his left arm.
The Cuban winger revealed the permanent ink during the City's celebrations after they secured promotion back to the top flight. The pictures have subsequently been picked up by supporters on social media.
Hernandez has seen game time limited this season due to a major injury that ruled him out of action for three months, but that hasn't weakened his affection for the football club.
Speaking about his decision to get the tattoo, Hernandez said: "I had it done a day before we got promoted, I had it on the Friday.
"For me, when I came to this country, Germany was nice and I had a lot of positive experiences there but I don't really like it a lot.
"Then I moved to Norwich, found my girlfriend, I have a baby here and (I love it) because of the area and how lovely the people are, the city is nice, the club is fantastic. There is nothing to complain about. I'm really very happy here.
"With all the achievements that we've had like the first promotion year and now the second year, I was thinking about how I could remember these special days and times. That's why I had that one done. I'm in love with Norwich.
- 1 Stay at Chelsea instead of joining a ‘lesser team’ - Souness advice to Gilmour
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Barcelona want to sell forward
- 3 Andy Hughes to link up with City coaching team for pre-season
- 4 'Champions League' quality Rashica is a coup for City
- 5 City cool interest in Ajer
- 6 Posh talent 'over the moon' to seal Canaries switch
- 7 Norwich City transfer rumours: Midfielder wants clarity from French champions
- 8 Canaries linked with Newcastle youngster
- 9 Ex-City keeper signs new Wolves deal
- 10 WINDOW WATCH: All the latest Norwich City transfer talk
"I've had a great time here. That's why for me something like that is special. In the future, I can always remember that time. That is why I done it."
Hernandez didn't tell his girlfriend he had decided to get the club's logo permanently added to his arm, stating that she was shocked when he arrived home with the completed tattoo. Despite the surprise shown by his partner, the Cuban insists he has no regrets over his decision.
"It wasn't even painful really," the City winger said as he showed off his tattoo via Zoom.
"It's worth it. You can see the years we were promoted on it. It's a nice thing. I'm a crazy guy.
"My girlfriend didn't even know I was getting it! I came home and said 'look, I got a Norwich City tattoo' and she said 'what?! You're crazy!' but then she did say it was nice."