Leyton Orient 2 Norwich City XI 1 – Jaiyesimi scores during emotional game in memory of Justin Edinburgh
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Norwich City’s Under 23s were beaten 2-1 at Leyton Orient on an emotional day at the London club.
Before kick-off both teams laid a wreath in the centre circle prior to a minute's applause in memory of Justin Edinburgh. The O's manager died of a heart attack last month and profits from the friendly will go towards the Justin Edinburgh 3 Foundation.
The young Canaries went ahead in the first half when Diallang Jaiysemi - who had earlier hit the bar - saw a close-range shot creep in off the post.
The O's pulled level shortly after the hour mark when Lee Angol volleyed home at the back post and Josh Wright scored a long-range winner for the League Two hosts five minutes from time.
Greek midfielder Savvas Mourgos featured for City ahead of his season-long loan at Dordrecht, while summer signing Rocky Bushiri, a Belgium U21 international, made his first appearance in a Norwich shirt.
You may also want to watch:
David Wright's squad continue their pre-season fixtures on Tuesday away to Derby County U23s (1pm kick-off) and then travel to Holland for their final friendly on Saturday, against Dordrecht.
Norwich City XI: Mair; Thomas (Lomas 79), Bushiri, Famewo (C), Nizet; Mourgos (Hondermarck 46), Milovanovic (Scully 79), Adshead, Fitzpatrick (Payne 61); Jaiyesimi (Ahadme 46), Thorvaldsson. Unused; Johnson (GK)
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 5 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 6 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 7 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 8 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 9 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 10 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit