Leyton Orient 2 Norwich City XI 1 – Jaiyesimi scores during emotional game in memory of Justin Edinburgh
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Norwich City’s Under 23s were beaten 2-1 at Leyton Orient on an emotional day at the London club.
Before kick-off both teams laid a wreath in the centre circle prior to a minute's applause in memory of Justin Edinburgh. The O's manager died of a heart attack last month and profits from the friendly will go towards the Justin Edinburgh 3 Foundation.
The young Canaries went ahead in the first half when Diallang Jaiysemi - who had earlier hit the bar - saw a close-range shot creep in off the post.
The O's pulled level shortly after the hour mark when Lee Angol volleyed home at the back post and Josh Wright scored a long-range winner for the League Two hosts five minutes from time.
Greek midfielder Savvas Mourgos featured for City ahead of his season-long loan at Dordrecht, while summer signing Rocky Bushiri, a Belgium U21 international, made his first appearance in a Norwich shirt.
You may also want to watch:
David Wright's squad continue their pre-season fixtures on Tuesday away to Derby County U23s (1pm kick-off) and then travel to Holland for their final friendly on Saturday, against Dordrecht.
Norwich City XI: Mair; Thomas (Lomas 79), Bushiri, Famewo (C), Nizet; Mourgos (Hondermarck 46), Milovanovic (Scully 79), Adshead, Fitzpatrick (Payne 61); Jaiyesimi (Ahadme 46), Thorvaldsson. Unused; Johnson (GK)
- 1 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 2 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 4 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 5 Paddy Davitt verdict: Wazza and City's great leap forward
- 6 'We showed Norwich too much respect' - Rooney on Rams' reverse
- 7 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 8 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 9 ‘Ninety points is usually enough’ - Dowell buzzing for City’s big day
- 10 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?