'No brainer' - City fans pleased with Nyland addition
- Credit: Norwich City/Matthew Usher
Orjan Nyland became Norwich City's second signing of the January transfer window after completing his move to Norfolk on deadline day.
The Norweigan shot-stopper, formerly of Aston Villa, signed a short-term deal and will link up with the Canaries once he recovers from injury.
Daniel Farke has spoken throughout this month of his desire to recruit an additional goalkeeping option after Michael McGovern suffered a major hamstring injury in December, with Nyland arriving as that man.
Nyland has been on City's list of targets since he played for German side Ingolstadt, before signing for Villa and making 38 appearances during a two-year spell at Villa Park. The goalkeeper has made 28 appearances for Norway.
City did receive a glowing character reference from Villa about Nyland and they believe he will fit seamlessly into their dressing room. He will take up the number 12 shirt.
- Read the thoughts of Norwich City fans on the signing of Nyland above and below
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: City turn attentions to Bournemouth
- 3 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 4 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 5 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 6 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 7 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 8 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 9 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 10 How Trent and Walker are shaping City star's progression