City keeper to join Salford City on loan - reports
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Aston Oxborough will continue his development on loan at League Two side Salford City.
The Sun’s transfer guru Alan Nixon is reporting that the 22-year-old will join the Ammies for the upcoming season after a positive spell with non-league side Wealdstone.
The Gorleston-born keeper is highly-regarded at Carrow Road, with the Canaries keen for him to get further game time.
Salford are owned by the ‘Class of 92’ including Gary Neville and David Beckham. They recently confirmed the addition of former City winger Ian Henderson as they continue to build their squad for the new campaign.
The move would see the shot-stopper challenge himself in the EFL for the first time after helping Wealdstone win promotion to the National League.
Salford currently find themselves without a keeper after Chris Neal was released earlier this summer.
You may also want to watch:
City’s current first-team goalkeepers are Tim Krul and Michael McGovern.
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 4 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 5 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 6 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 7 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 8 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 9 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 10 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride