City keeper to join Salford City on loan - reports
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Aston Oxborough will continue his development on loan at League Two side Salford City.
The Sun’s transfer guru Alan Nixon is reporting that the 22-year-old will join the Ammies for the upcoming season after a positive spell with non-league side Wealdstone.
The Gorleston-born keeper is highly-regarded at Carrow Road, with the Canaries keen for him to get further game time.
Salford are owned by the ‘Class of 92’ including Gary Neville and David Beckham. They recently confirmed the addition of former City winger Ian Henderson as they continue to build their squad for the new campaign.
The move would see the shot-stopper challenge himself in the EFL for the first time after helping Wealdstone win promotion to the National League.
Salford currently find themselves without a keeper after Chris Neal was released earlier this summer.
You may also want to watch:
City’s current first-team goalkeepers are Tim Krul and Michael McGovern.
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 3 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 4 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 7 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 Iwan Roberts: My Welsh wish for City keeper
- 10 Norwich loan has 'ticked every box' for Ben Gibson