Arsenal duo Mesut Ozil and David Luiz doubts for Norwich City clash
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Arsenal duo Mesut Ozil and David Luiz are both doubtful for Wednesday night’s fixture against Norwich City.
Mikel Arteta will be without a host of key names for City’s visit to the Emirates tomorrow - with the Gunners hoping to record their second consecutive Premier League victory.
Callum Chambers, Gabriel Martinelli and Pablo Mari are all long-term absentees and will miss the remainder of the league campaign.
Goalkeeper Bernd Leno is also unavailable for selection after suffering a knee injury in the defeat to Brighton and Hove Albion, with the German keeper left furious with Seagulls forward Neal Maupay after their collision left Leno being stretched off with a knee injury.
Right-back Cedric Soares will be available for selection following a facial injury. The Portuguese international has returned to full team training ahead of Wednesday’s fixture.
You may also want to watch:
Lucas Torreira has returned to contention but will face a late fitness test ahead of the Canaries visit to the Emirates.
The Uruguayan midfielder suffered an ankle injury during the Gunner’s opening game of the Premier League restart against Brighton - and will assessed ahead of the game.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Huge goals for Hugill as City create daylight at the top
- 3 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 4 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 5 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 6 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 7 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 8 STARTING XIs: Krul returns for Canaries against Bristol City
- 9 Hugill brace ensures superb City beat Bristol
- 10 Farke is not looking over his shoulder at City
Ozil is a doubt for the game, the German midfielder is suffering from back soreness. He wasn’t named in the matchday squad that progressed to the semi-final of the FA Cup with a 2-1 victory over Sheffield United on Sunday.
David Luiz limped off against the Blades on Sunday with a knee issue and the Brazilian is still being assessed to see if he’ll be available on Wednesday
Arteta will hoping the pair are passed fit and available for selection as Arsenal attempt to progress up the Premier League table with victory against Daniel Farke’s men.