Parry strike secures Wymondham win over leaders
Wymondham Ladies beat table-topping Aylsham after a hard-fought game.
Wymondham won 1-0 courtesy of a first-half Laura Parry goal.
Aylsham started the brighter and had a chance but Gemma saved very well.
Wymondham came into the game and started to boss the midfield, which in turn gave them control of the game, which Wymondham played at a high tempo, mainly in Aylsham’s half, who were dangerous on the counter but Wymondham dealt with everything they threw at them.
With 35 minutes played, Laura Parry popped up the penalty area to slot the ball home from a seemingly impossible angle to open her account for the season.
You may also want to watch:
The second half started very similar to the first, with Aylsham attacking from the off but once again Wymondham were organised and disciplined, slowing down Aylsham’s play and defending well.
Wymondham had chances, falling to Helen, Nat, Woody, Lois and Louise but the shots were off target or saved well by Aylshams keeper.
- 1 Could City target any free agents this summer?
- 2 City star facing possible race for Euros fitness due to injury
- 3 Spurs confirm Skipp has had surgery after injury with Canaries
- 4 Former City defender lands senior role at Wolves
- 5 City ranked top Premier League club for fan engagement
- 6 Tettey's heartfelt thanks to City fans
- 7 'My mission is not over' - Klose opens door to permanent Basel stay
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Cardiff man once again linked
- 9 ‘It’s me, it’s Tettey’ - Canaries legend's best quotes
- 10 City transfer rumours: Manchester United defender in the frame
Wymondham saw out the game professionally and are only the second team to beat Aylsham this season, a result which continues their excellent league form which now stands at only one loss in their last seven league games.
Player of the match: Laura Parry for breaking up numerous Aylsham attacks, setting up Wymondham attacks and scoring the deciding goal.
Wymondham are home to Stalham this Sunday, 2pm kick-off.