Penalty miss costly for Diss
Diss Town visited Stowmarket in Ridgeons Division One last night and lost 3-2.Stowmarket took the lead in the seventh minute when Diss failed to clear a corner and Sam Bartholomew shot home.
Diss Town visited Stowmarket in Ridgeons Division One last night and lost 3-2.
Stowmarket took the lead in the seventh minute when Diss failed to clear a corner and Sam Bartholomew shot home.
The Diss equaliser came in the 29th minute when a corner from Ed Cussons was headed in by Ben Soanes from five yards out.
Another corner from Cussons saw Diss take the lead in the 48th minute when Steve Best turned the ball in from close range.
You may also want to watch:
Tony Cracknall headed the equaliser in the 64th minute from a Dean Pleasance free-kick.
In the 74th minute Bartholomew produced a low cross from the right and Jamie Sharp turned the ball in at the far post for the winner.
- 1 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
- 5 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 6 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 7 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 8 City players greeted by special messages from fan groups
- 9 MY TOP FIVE: The crucial moments of City's promotion success
- 10 Pressure on Hornets for title-hunting City
There was still time for Diss to equalise when they were awarded a penalty a minute later but after a series of lengthy delays Cussons saw his kick and the resulting re-take both saved by Ross Charters.