Penalty miss costly for Diss
Diss Town visited Stowmarket in Ridgeons Division One last night and lost 3-2.Stowmarket took the lead in the seventh minute when Diss failed to clear a corner and Sam Bartholomew shot home.
Diss Town visited Stowmarket in Ridgeons Division One last night and lost 3-2.
Stowmarket took the lead in the seventh minute when Diss failed to clear a corner and Sam Bartholomew shot home.
The Diss equaliser came in the 29th minute when a corner from Ed Cussons was headed in by Ben Soanes from five yards out.
Another corner from Cussons saw Diss take the lead in the 48th minute when Steve Best turned the ball in from close range.
Tony Cracknall headed the equaliser in the 64th minute from a Dean Pleasance free-kick.
In the 74th minute Bartholomew produced a low cross from the right and Jamie Sharp turned the ball in at the far post for the winner.
- 1 City's first home game selected for TV coverage
- 2 Chris Sutton: The City trio who need to perform in pre-season
- 3 Neil hones in on City Championship reunion
- 4 Teemu Pukki's future: The inside track from Finland
- 5 City gem Aarons advised not to follow the money
- 6 'Teemu has a desire to play as high as possible' - Pukki's agent on City future
- 7 City announce academy pre-season schedule
- 8 Stephen Fry joins forces with Norwich City to raise awareness of mental health
- 9 Surprise World Cup shot for ex-City boss
- 10 Feyenoord interested in Tzolis - reports
There was still time for Diss to equalise when they were awarded a penalty a minute later but after a series of lengthy delays Cussons saw his kick and the resulting re-take both saved by Ross Charters.