Penalty miss costly for Diss
Diss Town visited Stowmarket in Ridgeons Division One last night and lost 3-2.Stowmarket took the lead in the seventh minute when Diss failed to clear a corner and Sam Bartholomew shot home.
Diss Town visited Stowmarket in Ridgeons Division One last night and lost 3-2.
Stowmarket took the lead in the seventh minute when Diss failed to clear a corner and Sam Bartholomew shot home.
The Diss equaliser came in the 29th minute when a corner from Ed Cussons was headed in by Ben Soanes from five yards out.
Another corner from Cussons saw Diss take the lead in the 48th minute when Steve Best turned the ball in from close range.
You may also want to watch:
Tony Cracknall headed the equaliser in the 64th minute from a Dean Pleasance free-kick.
In the 74th minute Bartholomew produced a low cross from the right and Jamie Sharp turned the ball in at the far post for the winner.
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 5 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 6 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 7 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff
- 8 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 9 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 10 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
There was still time for Diss to equalise when they were awarded a penalty a minute later but after a series of lengthy delays Cussons saw his kick and the resulting re-take both saved by Ross Charters.