Perryman: Good luck to Gill
Exeter City director of football Steve Perryman has no hard feelings over Matthew Gill's decision to sign for Norwich City.Former Tottenham captain Perryman said: “Matt Gill has been very good for Exeter City and we would like to thank him for his service.
Exeter City director of football Steve Perryman has no hard feelings over Matthew Gill's decision to sign for Norwich City.
Former Tottenham captain Perryman said: “Matt Gill has been very good for Exeter City and we would like to thank him for his service.
“I think we helped him resurrect his career when he came here because he was a bit low and credit should go to Alex Inglethorpe for bringing him here.
“We've been good for each other. He has helped us to two consecutive promotions and was probably one of the top players in the Conference and then in League Two.
You may also want to watch:
“And now he has decided to go back to his roots, he was born in Norwich and he has business interests up there.
“We are happy for him and would like to thank him for the tremendous contribution he made to the club.”
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Huge goals for Hugill as City create daylight at the top
- 2 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 3 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 4 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 6 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 7 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 8 STARTING XIs: Krul returns for Canaries against Bristol City
- 9 Norwich City v Bristol City - all you need to know
- 10 Farke is not looking over his shoulder at City
Perryman said Gill was “one of the best players in the league at Conference level and then League Two level”.
But he added: “His contract has finished and that's the name of the game. He's fully entitled to his move and to go where he wishes and in a way he has returned home.
“In a way it will be strange to see him playing against us next season but that's normal in football.”