- Credit: Archant
Many eyebrows were raised when La Liga big-hitters Valencia swooped to sign the 6ft 3in centre-back from Premier League strugglers Fulham in January.
Prior to his move to Craven Cottage, Senderos had become a figure of much derision following a lengthy spell with London neighbours Arsenal.
The big man made 84 appearances in the Gunners’ red, and helped them reach the 2006 Champions League final, but towards the end of his time at the Emirates his performances became increasingly erratic.
Despite his strapping frame, is often criticised for being something of a ‘gentle giant’.
• Country: Switzerland
You may also want to watch:
• Position: Defender
• Age: 29
- 1 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 4 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 5 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 8 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
- 9 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 10 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
• Current club: Valencia