Photo Gallery: Norwich City strikers play guessing game
Summer signing Steve Morison admits he has no idea which attacking combination Norwich City manager Paul Lambert will favour when the Premier League season kicks off.
Lambert has rotated six strikers during the Canaries’ pre-season matches so far as they have chalked up 26 goals without reply, Morison scoring twice.
Skipper Grant Holt, Simeon Jackson, Chris Martin, Aaron Wilbraham and new recruit James Vaughan also found the net, but the undemanding nature of the games at Gorleston and on tour in Germany means players and fans alike can draw few conclusions about the manager’s plans when the real business gets under way.
City continue their preparations in a more testing environment against Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park on Tuesday night (7.30pm), but the 27-year-old Morison will not read too much into the manager’s chosen line-up at this stage.
“We’ve just been playing games. I don’t think it matters who you are playing with in friendlies,” said the Wales international. “I think the manager might know what he’s looking to do for the first game of the season but as players we have not got a clue.
You may also want to watch:
“We go out there and it doesn’t matter who you’re paired with. If you’re on your own like I was in one of the games, you just go out there and do your job and do the best you can and you hope you do enough to be in his plans for the first game of the season.
“Everyone is looking over their shoulders, having the conversations at home with themselves. Is it me or is it someone else? It keeps everyone on their toes. The training’s been fantastic because I think everyone’s trying to impress and that can only bode well for the future.”
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 4 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 5 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 6 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 7 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 8 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 9 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 10 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride