Who was your Norwich City man-of-the-match against Ipswich Town?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City retained the East Anglian bragging rights - but who was your star performer?
This was classic Norwich City on the road under Daniel Farke. Soak up pressure, resolute defensively, then make the breakthrough and squeeze the life out of another Championship opponent on their own turf.
The fact it was Ipswich Town on the receiving end made this even more delicious for the travelling support and the Canary Nation watching around the world. Ipswich had their chances and shaded the opening period but there was only one winner when Wes Hoolahan set Yanic Wildschut free and the ball eventually arrived at the unmarked James Maddison.
The finish was every bit as precise as his September goal-of-the-month salvo against Middlesbrough. Maddison was again a stand out performer in the creative stakes. Tom Trybull and Harrison Reed offered him that platform in front of a back four who were again tested.
Christoph Zimmermann cleaned out Joe Garner in a meaty first half challenge that underlined the Canaries mean business. Zimmermann had to make way to a knee injury but Grant Hanley slotted into the yellow wall, which included a Marco Stiepermann, who fully justified his selection ahead of James Husband.
You may also want to watch:
Our City correspondent, Paddy Davitt, however went for the match-winner, who is now collecting such personal awards at a prolific rate.
• Cast your vote in the poll.
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 4 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 5 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 6 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 7 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 8 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 9 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 10 Farke's personal message to City fans