PinkUn Pickers raise funds for Norwich City Academy
Billy Dixon of Dixmar Racing has presented a cheque for �301.54 to The Friends of Norwich City Youth (FONCY). The money was raised on the Pink Un message board’s popular “Rays Funds For FONCY” threads.
The name is in honour of the late Ray Ducker who came up with the idea of PinkUn Pickers from all over the world uniting every week to predict six results on the weekend’s football.
Billy Dixon provides a free �10 bet on these six selections and any money won goes to the Norwich City Academy via FONCY.
Last season there were seven winning weeks which in total raised �241.54 then during the summer posters on the message board won another �60 on the “Rays Funds At The World Cup” thread. The World Cup thread was generously sponsored by John Tilson through the sale of his England flag.
This follows the �658 raised in previous seasons taking the total presented so far to over �959.
You may also want to watch:
John Landamore of FONCY was joined by Ricky Martin from the Academy to accept the latest cheque from Billy Dixon.
There is keen competition amongst the PinkUn Pickers themselves through the season to see who can be the most successful tipster.
- 1 Hot property Maddison adds up for City
- 2 Canaries not pursuing young Exeter winger linked to Celtic
- 3 WINDOW WATCH: The latest Canaries transfer news and views
- 4 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 5 Should Canaries fans be concerned about slow transfer market?
- 6 'Excellent professional' - Former City winger joins League One side
- 7 City title winner Xavi attracting interest
- 8 'I know he gets a little bit of stick' - Scots' chief defends Hanley
- 9 City confirm date for Liverpool Premier League opener
- 10 'Dreams do come true' - City star buzzing for Liverpool opener
Trophies were generously donated by Kevin Hardwick (aka Leedscanary) who made the long journey from Leeds to be at the presentation. These trophies were presented by Ricky Martin. The top PinkUn Picker for the season was a punter known as Mr Bump who correctly predicted in 39 of the 40 weeks. Kevin also donated medals to the seven PinkUn Pickers who managed to pick correctly in over 90 percent of their selections.
Rays Funds For FONCY has returned this season and already the participants have had their first win of over �72. This has taken the total raised to �1,032.
The idea is proving more popular than ever with over 60 people taking part every week. These fans come from all over the world united by the aim of raising money for their football club.