Ex-City star Pinto returns to Portugal in January move
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Former Norwich City full-back Ivo Pinto has returned to his native Portugal to join high-flying Famalicão on loan for the remainder of the season.
The 30-year-old rejoined Dinamo Zagreb in the summer upon the expiration of his contract at Carrow Road but has found game time limited in Croatia.
Pinto has played just six times in the opening half of the season and has failed to complete a full 90 minutes since September.
His time back in Croatia has seen his confined to the bench with his quest for more game time leading him back to his homeland.
Famalicão are a newly promoted side shaking up the established order in the Portuguese top-flight. The minnows have won eight of their opening 15 games.
You may also want to watch:
They sit 3rd in the division with 27 points and find themselves ahead of Portuguese giants Sporting Lisbon.
Famalicao, who are from the north of Portugal, play at the 5,300-seater Estadio Municipal 22 de Junho and are managed by Joao Pedro Sousa, who was assistant to Marco Silva at Everton and Hull and was voted the Primeira Liga manager of the month for August.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 4 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 5 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 6 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 7 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 8 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 9 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 10 Hanley insists winning title 'means everything' to Canaries
Pinto joined the Canaries in January 2016, going on to make 95 appearances across four seasons - scoring on three occasions.