Ex-City star Pinto returns to Portugal in January move
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Former Norwich City full-back Ivo Pinto has returned to his native Portugal to join high-flying Famalicão on loan for the remainder of the season.
The 30-year-old rejoined Dinamo Zagreb in the summer upon the expiration of his contract at Carrow Road but has found game time limited in Croatia.
Pinto has played just six times in the opening half of the season and has failed to complete a full 90 minutes since September.
His time back in Croatia has seen his confined to the bench with his quest for more game time leading him back to his homeland.
Famalicão are a newly promoted side shaking up the established order in the Portuguese top-flight. The minnows have won eight of their opening 15 games.
You may also want to watch:
They sit 3rd in the division with 27 points and find themselves ahead of Portuguese giants Sporting Lisbon.
Famalicao, who are from the north of Portugal, play at the 5,300-seater Estadio Municipal 22 de Junho and are managed by Joao Pedro Sousa, who was assistant to Marco Silva at Everton and Hull and was voted the Primeira Liga manager of the month for August.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Huge goals for Hugill as City create daylight at the top
- 3 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 4 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 5 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 6 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 7 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 8 STARTING XIs: Krul returns for Canaries against Bristol City
- 9 Farke is not looking over his shoulder at City
- 10 Norwich City v Bristol City - all you need to know
Pinto joined the Canaries in January 2016, going on to make 95 appearances across four seasons - scoring on three occasions.