Former City star returns to action behind closed doors
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Former Norwich City right-back Ivo Pinto returned to action behind closed doors on Wednesday evening, with the Portuguese part of the Famalicao side who upset the odds by beating FC Porto 2-1 on Wednesday evening.
The Portuguese Premier League returned following a three month absence due to the coronavirus pandemic which has halted sport around the globe.
Pinto joined the Portuguese top-flight side on loan from Dinamo Zagreb in January following his release from the Canaries last summer.
Famalicao have been a surprise package in their first season back in Portugal’s top tier, sitting fifth in the table and impressing under manager Joao Pedro Sousa - the former assistant of ex-Hull City, Watford and Everton boss Marco Silva.
The newly promoted side continued their positive season despite playing behind closed doors, with their 5,000 seater stadium closed to supporters as the continent looks to heal from the recent health crisis.
You may also want to watch:
Pinto played 90 minutes and was part of the side responsible for recording a memorable victory against the 28-time champions.
Fabio Martins opened the scoring for Pinto’s side, before Jesus Corona equalised 12 minutes from time for the Portuguese champions. Pedro Goncalves scored only four minutes later to secure the win for Famalicao.
- 1 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 4 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 5 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 8 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
- 9 How Trent and Walker are shaping City star's progression
- 10 Farke, Frankfurt and the future