Norwich City transfer rumour: Placheta agrees four-year deal with City
- Credit: Archant
Przemyslaw Placheta’s move to Norwich City is close to completion, with reports in Poland suggesting the winger has agreed a four-year deal with the Canaries.
The 22-year-old will join City for a fee believed to be in the region of €3 million - according to established Polish outlet Weszlo, who initially reported the Canaries interest two weeks ago.
Placheta was left out of Slask Wroclaw’s final game of the season on Sunday - a 2-1 home defeat to Legia Gdansk and was reportedly in Norwich finalising his move earlier this week.
Pictures of social media claimed to have spotted the pacey wide man at Park Farm hotel - although these were unconfirmed sightings.
The fee is a club record for the Polish side, with the Canaries having triggered Placheta’s release clause to bring him to England. He has netted eight goals in 35 appearances this season, assisting on five occasions.
You may also want to watch:
Capped at Polish under-21 level, the winger would become the second signing of the summer for Daniel Farke, with Jacob Sorensen’s arrival confirmed earlier this week.
City also swooped to sign Danel Sinani, Melvin Sitti and Sam McCallum ahead of the new season in the Championship - with Stuart Webber hinting at a potential overhaul to the squad following relegation from the Premier League.
- 1 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 2 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 4 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 5 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 6 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 7 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 Connor Southwell: Can McLean solve City’s number 10 conundrum?
- 10 MATCHDAY LIVE: Can Norwich City complete the double over Cardiff?
Placheta began his career in Germany with RB Leipzig before moving back to his native country and flourishing in the top-flight. He opted to sign for Slask over Legia Warsaw last summer and is now set to get a potentially career making move to England.
The report suggests that the formalities are complete - with the deal being announced soon.
Slask’s vice president, Wojciech Bochnak, told media last week the Canaries were closing in on the youngster and he hoped to reach an agreement with City for one of the hottest prospects in Poland.
Placheta would join a front line that includes the likes of Todd Cantwell, Emi Buendia and Onel Hernandez, although City’s talent have been touted with moves away from Carrow Road.