Placheta shines in Poland U21s victory over Estonia
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Przemyslaw Placheta proved influential in Poland Under-21s 6-0 victory over Estonia earlier this evening - with City’s winger registering two assists.
The 22-year-old was dangerous throughout the encounter as Poland dominated proceedings in Parnu.
Placheta’s assist for the fifth goal saw his corner recycled before he reclaimed possession to tee up Leeds United’s midfielder Mateusz Bogusz as he netted a brace.
The winger joined the Canaries from Polish first division side Slask Wroclaw in July in a deal believed to be around £2million. He opened his City account with a goal against German side SV Darmstadt last weekend.
Jacob Sorensen was an unused substitute for Denmark’s under-21s. They drew 1-1 with Ukraine’s youngster in Aalborg.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, Tim Krul and Kenny McLean were named as substitutes for the Netherlands and Scotland respectively whilst Jamal Lewis was named in Ian Baraclough’s starting line-up for Northern Ireland.
Bailey Peacock-Farrell was preferred to Michael McGovern - who was named on the bench.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Huge goals for Hugill as City create daylight at the top
- 3 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 4 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 5 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 6 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 7 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 8 STARTING XIs: Krul returns for Canaries against Bristol City
- 9 Farke is not looking over his shoulder at City
- 10 Norwich City v Bristol City - all you need to know