Placheta shines in Poland U21s victory over Estonia
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Przemyslaw Placheta proved influential in Poland Under-21s 6-0 victory over Estonia earlier this evening - with City’s winger registering two assists.
The 22-year-old was dangerous throughout the encounter as Poland dominated proceedings in Parnu.
Placheta’s assist for the fifth goal saw his corner recycled before he reclaimed possession to tee up Leeds United’s midfielder Mateusz Bogusz as he netted a brace.
The winger joined the Canaries from Polish first division side Slask Wroclaw in July in a deal believed to be around £2million. He opened his City account with a goal against German side SV Darmstadt last weekend.
Jacob Sorensen was an unused substitute for Denmark’s under-21s. They drew 1-1 with Ukraine’s youngster in Aalborg.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, Tim Krul and Kenny McLean were named as substitutes for the Netherlands and Scotland respectively whilst Jamal Lewis was named in Ian Baraclough’s starting line-up for Northern Ireland.
Bailey Peacock-Farrell was preferred to Michael McGovern - who was named on the bench.
- 1 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 4 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 5 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 6 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 7 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 8 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
- 9 How Trent and Walker are shaping City star's progression
- 10 City hungry to be record breakers, insists Krul