Placheta ‘in Norwich’ to undergo medical - reports
- Credit: Archant
Polish winger Przemys?aw P?acheta has travelled to Norfolk to finalise his move to Norwich City - according to reports in Poland.
The 22-year-old has been heavily linked with a move to the Canaries, with the Slask Wroclaw vice president confirming that the club had entered talks with City last week.
The deal seems to have escalated further - with wezlo.com, the website who carried the initial report linking P?acheta with a move to City, claiming that the winger has travelled to Colney to put the finishing touches on a move that would see him become Slask Wroclaw’s highest ever departure.
Slask sporting director Dariusz Sztylka last night confirmed that the transfer was edging to completion after City matched P?acheta’s release clause - which is said to be a primary reason behind the winger opting to join Slask over Polish giants Legia Warsaw last summer.
“I assure you that it was not the case that we quietly signed some new contract with Przemek. I think that our contract was wisely constructed. There were some provisions in it and yet the clause does not turn out to be as low as it was reported. I hope that everything will end happily and we will make the highest transfer in the history of ?Slask,” Sztylka added.
You may also want to watch:
That release clause has reportedly increased following P?acheta’s fine form in the Polish top-flight - with City said to have beaten a number of European clubs to the winger’s signature.
The player was left out of Slask Wroclaw’s final game of the league season on Sunday evening - a 2-1 home defeat to Legia Gdansk.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 2 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 3 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 6 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 7 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 8 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 9 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
- 10 City miss chance to secure title in Watford defeat
Slask’s vice president, Wojciech Bochnak, told Polish media last week the Canaries were closing in on the youngster in what would be a club record deal - believed to be €2m plus add ons.
P?acheta is regarded as one of the hottest properties in Polish football after netting eight goals and five assists in 35 appearances.