Planters stay up thanks to Hetherington
RIDGEONS LEAGUE: A Keith Hetherington hat-trick helped Norwich United pull off a Ridgeons League Premier Division great escape. The Planters needed to beat Histon Reserves and hope Woodbridge Town would do them a favour and defeat Harwich & Parkeston to climb out of the bottom two.
A Keith Hetherington hat-trick helped Norwich United pull off a Ridgeons League Premier Division great escape.
The Planters needed to beat Histon Reserves and hope Woodbridge Town would do them a favour and defeat Harwich & Parkeston to climb out of the bottom two.
Hetherington bagged all the goals in a 3-1 win at Histon Reserves, while Woodbridge did their bit by beating Harwich & Parkeston, who took just one point from their final 10 games, by the same scoreline.
Harwich will be relegated unless either Lowestoft Town are promoted and not replaced or Tiptree United move to the Essex Senior League.
You may also want to watch:
Lowestoft rounded off their title-winning campaign with a 6-2 victory against Walsham-le-Willows at Crown Meadow.
More than 850 Blues fans saw the team lift the Ridgeons League trophy after the victory which saw them reach the 100 points barrier for the season.
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 3 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 4 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 7 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 How to claim a free Norwich City sticker book
- 10 Iwan Roberts: My Welsh wish for City keeper
The wiin could be last in the Ridgeons League if Town are successful in their bid to be promoted to the Ryman League and not the Southern League.
In the First Division, Debenham LC's late season surge has earned them a place in the Premier Division as they claimed the final promotion place with a 7-0 romp at March Town United.
They will join fellow Suffolk sides Hadleigh United and champions Newmarket Town in the top flight after pipping Halstead to third place on goal difference.
Halstead Town could only draw 1-1 at Great Yarmouth Town.