Planters stay up thanks to Hetherington
RIDGEONS LEAGUE: A Keith Hetherington hat-trick helped Norwich United pull off a Ridgeons League Premier Division great escape. The Planters needed to beat Histon Reserves and hope Woodbridge Town would do them a favour and defeat Harwich & Parkeston to climb out of the bottom two.
A Keith Hetherington hat-trick helped Norwich United pull off a Ridgeons League Premier Division great escape.
The Planters needed to beat Histon Reserves and hope Woodbridge Town would do them a favour and defeat Harwich & Parkeston to climb out of the bottom two.
Hetherington bagged all the goals in a 3-1 win at Histon Reserves, while Woodbridge did their bit by beating Harwich & Parkeston, who took just one point from their final 10 games, by the same scoreline.
Harwich will be relegated unless either Lowestoft Town are promoted and not replaced or Tiptree United move to the Essex Senior League.
Lowestoft rounded off their title-winning campaign with a 6-2 victory against Walsham-le-Willows at Crown Meadow.
More than 850 Blues fans saw the team lift the Ridgeons League trophy after the victory which saw them reach the 100 points barrier for the season.
- 1 On-loan City striker Soto switches Portugal for Scotland
- 2 Injury scare for in-form City forward at Southend
- 3 City survival rival will improve under my old boss - Sutton
- 4 Hanley urges City to up the ante
- 5 The prime Canaries content available to Pink Un+ subscribers
- 6 Zimbo returns as City U23s go second thanks to Kamara double
- 7 City striker frustrated but ready to battle if Baggies loan continues
- 8 City loanee Onel proves a goalscoring talisman for Blues
- 9 Put your questions to Canaries legend Chris Sutton
- 10 Strange but rewarding return for Canaries midfielder
The wiin could be last in the Ridgeons League if Town are successful in their bid to be promoted to the Ryman League and not the Southern League.
In the First Division, Debenham LC's late season surge has earned them a place in the Premier Division as they claimed the final promotion place with a 7-0 romp at March Town United.
They will join fellow Suffolk sides Hadleigh United and champions Newmarket Town in the top flight after pipping Halstead to third place on goal difference.
Halstead Town could only draw 1-1 at Great Yarmouth Town.