Player watch: Cameron Jerome so nearly the hero for Norwich City during frustrating 0-0 home draw with Bristol City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Our latest player watch followed the fortunes of striker Cameron Jerome during Norwich City’s 0-0 draw with Bristol City at Carrow Road.
3 – Marco Stipermann gets forward, Mario Vrancic nudges on and Jerome bends a shot just wide of the right post.
14 – Comes short to a Stiepermann throw but Flint beats him to the ball.
15 – Marley Watkins passes on halfway and Jerome’s pass to Ivo Pinto is poor and nearly out of play.
19 – Pinto chips over the Bristol defence but Jerome can’t quite beat Frank Fielding to the free ball on edge of box.
You may also want to watch:
25 – Crosses from the right but Bailey Wright nods away from Stiepermann, Vrancic returns cross to the unmarked striker but he can’t get any power on a difficult header.
26 - The 31-year-old stands up Nathan Baker, beats him for pace and pulls low cross back which Vrancic fires against the base of the left post.
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 5 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 6 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 7 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
- 8 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 9 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff
- 10 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
29 – DISALLOWED – Pinto crosses from the left but headed away, Harrison Reed knocks the ball back in and Jerome is clean through and fires into the net, before an offside flag cuts short the celebrations.
34 – Stipermann passed forward to Vrancic, who plays Jerome into left channel, who crosses and Stipermann looks sure to score – only to scoop his shot wide of the far post.
38 – Jerome lashes a shot over from just outside the area after Pinto does well to tidy up loose play from Watkins.
59 – Tries to play through Yanic Wildschut but plays ball straight into Baker’s face.
62 – Jerome manages to turn wide to Wildschut but gets a kick to the foot from Baker in the process and hobbles away.
72 – Jerome again can’t make the ball stick from a Timm Klose clearance, won by Flint.
73 – Wildschut hoofs clear and Jerome does well to win a header against Baker but Wes Hoolahan can’t quite keep the ball in play.
89 – Jerome pushed over by Flint to win a free-kick on halfway but it comes to nothing.
90+3 – Good control on halfway allows Hoolahan to set Husband free and he is bundled over by Wright, who is booked.
Verdict: So nearly an excellent afternoon for Jerome. Denied by a narrow offside call, could have had two assists if Vrancic and Stiepermann were more accurate and had two other clear sights of goal – but it just wasn’t to be. Worked hard against the imposing pairing of Flint and Baker but found them difficult to get past.
Rating: 7 out of 10