Player watch: James Husband shows signs of improvement in Norwich City’s victory at Brentford in Carabao Cup third round
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
This evening’s player watch kept a close eye on left-back James Husband as he was restored to Norwich City’s starting line-up for a 3-1 win at Brentford in the third round of the Carabao Cup.
2 – Rises high above Florian Jozefzoon to win a commanding early header from a long kick forward from Bees keeper Luke Daniels.
9 – 1-0 – Husband bursts over halfway on the left, lays off to Josh Murphy but keeps going forward to buy his team-mate space, who plays through to Marley Watkins, who is barged over by centre-back Chris Mepham – which Marios Vrancic calmly rolls home.
19 – Picked out in space on the left by Trybull and plays a fine ball down the wing to Murphy, who runs into Mepham but penalty appeals are waved away.
20 – Another burst forward but poor cross from the former Middlesbrough man, which Vrancic keeps alive to win a free-kick, which he fires just wide from the edge of the box.
You may also want to watch:
23 – Wes Hoolahan finds Watkins on the edge of the box, the forward plays Husband into the left channel but Mepham tackles back to put the ball out for a corner as the full-back tries to cut inside for a shot.
26 – Jozefzoon tries a step-over as he aims to deliver a cross from the bye-line but Husband slides in to put the ball out for a throw.
- 1 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 2 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 3 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 4 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 5 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 6 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 7 Transfer rumours: Everton 'step up interest' in City star
- 8 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 9 Canaries legend thinks promotion party was fully deserved
- 10 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
44 – Wins an important header against Jozefzoon as Brentford try to counter after a City attack breaks down.
50 – 2-2 – Calm header down to Murphy from a goal-kick, who cuts inside and finds Hoolahan, who is brought down on the edge of the box and Vrancic bends home a free-kick from 25 yards.
55 – Dodgy back-pass to Gunn, bouncing, but the keeper controls calmly and clears.
57 – Charges to the bye-line and pulls back a low cross, which finds its way to Harrison Reed with keeper Daniels out of his goal, only for the Southampton loanee to blast just wide.
81 – Fine interception to halt cross from the right from Bees substitute Henrik Dalsgaard.
Verdict: The left-back’s best game in a City shirt yet, full of running and desire to get forward, as well as reasonably solid against the occasional threat on his side.
Rating: 7 out of 10