Player watch: Josh Murphy has an off night as Burton Albion frustrate Norwich City in 0-0 draw at Carrow Road
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
This evening’s player watch followed the fortunes of winger Josh Murphy during Norwich City’s frustrating 0-0 draw with struggling Burton Albion at Carrow Road.
2 – Needlessly fouls Kyle McFadzean trying to get goal-side of the Burton defender in the left corner.
10 – Angus Gunn claims a corner and launches a long kick through the middle that Murphy chases, sandwiched by full-backs Stephen Warnock and John Brayford in the air on the edge of the box, but no foul is given.
20 – Alex Tettey spreads left to the 22-year-old, who cuts on to his right foot in trademark fashion but thumps a shot over the bar from 25 yards.
You may also want to watch:
23 – Wes Hoolahan releases the winger to get to the bye-line on the left but his thumping cross is straight into the chest of keeper Stephen Bywater.
44 – Mario Vrancic shapes to shoot to the right of the box but rolls across to Murphy on the left, he moves the ball onto his left to unleash a shot, which is charged down by three on-rushing defenders.
- 1 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 2 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 5 'As good as I've seen him!' - City fans laud Cantwell performance
- 6 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 7 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 8 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 9 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
- 10 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
50 – Trybull spreads left to Murphy and the winger charges forward, cutting inside Lucas Akins but Brayford plays the ball off his shins to win a goal-kick.
53 – Stipermann plays a ball down the left which Murphy controls and wins a corner off Luke Murphy but Tettey can’t quite make contact with Vrancic’s set-piece from the left.
58 – Golden chance for the winger, played through by a defence-splitting Hoolahan chance but is thwarted by Bywater’s legs from six yards.
61 – Hoolahan threads the youngster into the left channel and his low cross loops up but Oliveira can’t make contact.
64 – Murphy is played down the left by Stipeermann but touch lets him down and then foul is given against him for tug of Brayford’s shirt.
76 – Freed down the left by Stiepermann, heavy touch and thumps a cross that is too strong for everyone. Vrancic returns and Murphy slides in at the back post and clips the post but doesn’t make proper contact.
90+4 – Night summed up by dreadful shot from long range as the clock ticks down.
Verdict: Not the most productive of nights for Murphy as Burton sat deep and thwarted balls into the box.
Rating: Six out of 10