Player watch: Tenacious effort from Harrison Reed before being sacrificed as Norwich chased win against Derby
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Our latest Canaries player watch followed the fortunes of central midfielder Harrison Reed, during Norwich City’s 2-1 home loss to Derby County this afternoon. Here’s how his match unfolded.
10 – Spreads sensibly to Ivo Pinto after trickery from James Maddison and the right-back charges forward to win a corner.
12 – Good tackle from Richard Keogh on Maddison on the edge of the Derby box and Reed fouls Matej Vydra as he breaks.
14 – Robs Bradley Johnson but gives it straight back to Ledley on halfway.
27 – Robbed by Vydra on halfway.
You may also want to watch:
28 – Hunts down Tom Huddlestone but doesn’t quite take the ball and Tom Lawrence lashes a shot wide.
31 – Marco Stiepermann rolls the ball across the box, too hard for Maddison, but Reed has a blast, which flies a good five yards over the bar.
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Huge goals for Hugill as City create daylight at the top
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 4 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 5 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 6 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 7 Hugill brace ensures superb City beat Bristol
- 8 'Great header' - Hugill's goal earns seal of approval from Holt
- 9 STARTING XIs: Krul returns for Canaries against Bristol City
- 10 Hugill thrilled with brace and determined to help keep City on track
33 – Curtis Davies passes into Vydra’s feet on the edge of the City box but the Southampton loanee nips in to take the ball.
35 – Uses body to win a free-kick from Johnson when isolated at the back.
41 – Tom Trybull caught napping and robbed by David Nugent, Wes Hoolahan and Reed combine to bail him out.
54 – Lawrence whips a corner to the near post and Reed heads away.
56 – Good control to get into the box under pressure after Davies had headed clear, crosses and Andre Wisdom does well to intercept but Jerome is offside anyway.
57 – Clears up well after Klose overplays with Lawrence in close attendance.
58 – Late tackle on Chris Martin on halfway and concedes a free-kick.
62 – Replaced by Nelson Oliveira.
Verdict: Another bright and snappy display from 22-year-old Reed before being sacrificed as Daniel Farke’s searched for more attacking threat. City arguably lost too much of their midfield control, particularly with Oliveira having to go off injured.
Rating: 7 out of 10