Player watch: Tenacious effort from Harrison Reed before being sacrificed as Norwich chased win against Derby
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Our latest Canaries player watch followed the fortunes of central midfielder Harrison Reed, during Norwich City’s 2-1 home loss to Derby County this afternoon. Here’s how his match unfolded.
10 – Spreads sensibly to Ivo Pinto after trickery from James Maddison and the right-back charges forward to win a corner.
12 – Good tackle from Richard Keogh on Maddison on the edge of the Derby box and Reed fouls Matej Vydra as he breaks.
14 – Robs Bradley Johnson but gives it straight back to Ledley on halfway.
27 – Robbed by Vydra on halfway.
You may also want to watch:
28 – Hunts down Tom Huddlestone but doesn’t quite take the ball and Tom Lawrence lashes a shot wide.
31 – Marco Stiepermann rolls the ball across the box, too hard for Maddison, but Reed has a blast, which flies a good five yards over the bar.
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 3 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 4 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 5 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 6 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 7 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 8 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 9 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 10 Farke's fledglings: How City chief moulded the next generation for Canaries
33 – Curtis Davies passes into Vydra’s feet on the edge of the City box but the Southampton loanee nips in to take the ball.
35 – Uses body to win a free-kick from Johnson when isolated at the back.
41 – Tom Trybull caught napping and robbed by David Nugent, Wes Hoolahan and Reed combine to bail him out.
54 – Lawrence whips a corner to the near post and Reed heads away.
56 – Good control to get into the box under pressure after Davies had headed clear, crosses and Andre Wisdom does well to intercept but Jerome is offside anyway.
57 – Clears up well after Klose overplays with Lawrence in close attendance.
58 – Late tackle on Chris Martin on halfway and concedes a free-kick.
62 – Replaced by Nelson Oliveira.
Verdict: Another bright and snappy display from 22-year-old Reed before being sacrificed as Daniel Farke’s searched for more attacking threat. City arguably lost too much of their midfield control, particularly with Oliveira having to go off injured.
Rating: 7 out of 10