Player watch: Yanic Wildschut takes a step forward as a Norwich City player with fine strike in 1-0 win at Sheffield United
- Credit: Michael Sedgwick/Focus Images Ltd
This afternoon’s player watch followed the fortunes of goal-scorer Yanic Wildschut as Norwich City won 1-0 at Sheffield United, securing their first away win under head coach Daniel Farke.
11 – Tries to get past Enda Stevens on halfway but is tackled easily.
19 – Cameron Jerome robs a sleeping Harry Wright and Wildschut pushes forward and tries to shoot but sees his effort blocked for a throw by Jack O’Connell.
20 – Lovely turn inside David Brooks on the edge of the area but crowded out, eventually leading to City winning a corner.
You may also want to watch:
23 – GOAL – Dutchman is slipped into the right channel by James Maddison, stands up O’Connell and blasts a low shot into the bottom-left corner for 1-0.
27 – Again found on the right by Maddison, bundles his way past Stevens and almost past O’Connell but is crowded out in the box, chases down but fouls Paul Coutts trying to win back possession.
- 1 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
- 2 City midfielder returns to Norfolk after loan spell terminated
- 3 Bushiri completes Eupen loan
- 4 Placheta must kick on at City
- 5 Giannoulis in contention for Boro clash - as City secure work permit
- 6 Giannoulis deal proof City can navigate difficult transfer market
- 7 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 8 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 9 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 10 'That's my dream' - Giannoulis hopes his style will boost City's promotion hopes
37 – Alex Tettey sets Wildschut away on the right as a counter-attack forms but the winger is robbed easily by John Fleck in his own half and is grateful to see the Blades have a succession of shots blocked.
41 – Tracks the run of Stevens well to clear a through-ball from Fleck which looked very dangerous.
45 – Concedes a foul to the left of City’s box but is relieved to see the free-kick headed clear.
51 – Ivo Pinto plays Wildschut down the right but O’Connell nips in to put the ball out for a throw.
55- Bursts through the middle and unleashes a low shot on his left foot from 25 yards but Jake Wright blocks the effort.
63 – Tracks back with Tettey but doesn’t stop Fleck’s cross from the left coming into the box as he starts to look tired, although cross comes to nothing.
65 – Taken out by Fleck on the right, heavy tackle, the United midfielder is booked.
78 – Replaced by Marley Watkins.
Verdict: Not a vintage performance but a step forward as a City player for the big man, finishing superbly to earn the win and working hard until he understandably tired in the second half.
Rating: 7.5 out of 10