Watch highlights from City U23s’ impressive win at Plymouth in EFL Trophy
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City Under-23s made an excellent start to their EFL Trophy campaign - and now you can watch highlights of that 3-2 victory over Plymouth Argyle.
The young Canaries beat a Plymouth squad featuring a mix of senior and young first team players in the group opener, with midfielder William Hondermarck opening the scoring from 30 yards after a defensive error from the hosts.
Argyle equalised with a penalty before the break but striker Tyrese Omotye equalised for the City U23s in the 54th minute, after rounding the keeper.
Again the League One side equalised, with a close-range header, but summer signing Matthew Dennis managed to turn in a Josh Girugi cross from the right with a back-heeled finish in the 67th minute.
Cheltenham won 1-0 at Newport County in the other game in Southern Group F, with away games against those League Two sides scheduled to follow in October and November.
You may also want to watch:
Hondermarck, keeper Jon McCracken, Irish centre-back Andrew Omobamidele and Scottish midfielder Reece McAlear were all with the Norwich first team at the weekend, getting their first experience of being a substitute as Daniel Farke’s under-strength City team lost 3-1 at Luton Town in the first round of the League Cup.
CITY U23S: Jon McCracken (C); Ethen Vaughan (Eddie Jackson 71), Andrew Omobamidele, Jonathan Tomkinson, Rob Nizet; Reece McAlear, Zach Dronfield; Josh Giurgi, William Hondermarck, Matthew Dennis (Tony Springett 82); Tyrese Omotoye. Unused subs: Sam Blair (GK), Jonathan Rowe, Jaden Warner, Tom Dickson-Peters
- 1 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 2 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 3 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 4 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 5 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
- 6 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 7 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 8 City hungry to be record breakers, insists Krul
- 9 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 10 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- You can watch highlights from the game above