Poll: Kei Kamara was our Norwich City Man of the Match against Everton, who was yours?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Kei Kamara has got some script writer. The striker’s back story and flight from war-torn Sierra Leone is a moving tale. The latest chapter is a gripping read as well.
In both Premier League cameos so far, Kamara has made things happen on and off the field. That is no mean feat. Against Fulham his arrival sparked a late flurry of concerted pressure around Mark Schwarzer’s goalmouth that for the majority of a lifeless encounter had been well-protected.
Against Everton he went one better. A sublime leap and crashing header underneath Tim Howard with Everton’s totemic aerial presence Marouane Fellaini left trailing in Kamara’s slipstream at the Toffees’ near post.
Frankly, City looked every bit as laboured as they had against Fulham up to that point of a quite bizarre Premier League duel. Kamara’s arrival just before the hour mark sparked a shift in the dynamic.
A far post bicycle kick barely a minute after his entrance was grasped by Howard. A header six yards out dropped wide after Wes Hoolahan finally had the sort of mobile target you suspect the Irishman had been craving.
You may also want to watch:
Everton failed to heed the warning, but Kamara was not finished; battling his dance partner Sebastien Bassong who glanced Russell Martin’s cross towards the feet of match-winner Holt. Kamara has already delivered a rich dividend barely 45 minutes into his City stint.
- 1 City draw up target list
- 2 Skipp ready for Premier League ... with Spurs, says Mason
- 3 Celtic move came too early for Pukki, insists former boss
- 4 Gunn and Walton on City watch list as Nyland future remains unclear
- 5 Robin Sainty: Where City lead, others will surely follow
- 6 Former Canaries attacker released by Bristol City
- 7 New City deal for Farke on the cards and Webber open to staying
- 8 The People's Pink Un: Your messages to Norwich City, Part 1
- 9 Pain and anguish but never a lack of belief for Canaries' chief
- 10 David Freezer: Desire to defy the odds is essential for City