Poll: Kei Kamara was our Norwich City Man of the Match against Everton, who was yours?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Kei Kamara has got some script writer. The striker’s back story and flight from war-torn Sierra Leone is a moving tale. The latest chapter is a gripping read as well.
In both Premier League cameos so far, Kamara has made things happen on and off the field. That is no mean feat. Against Fulham his arrival sparked a late flurry of concerted pressure around Mark Schwarzer’s goalmouth that for the majority of a lifeless encounter had been well-protected.
Against Everton he went one better. A sublime leap and crashing header underneath Tim Howard with Everton’s totemic aerial presence Marouane Fellaini left trailing in Kamara’s slipstream at the Toffees’ near post.
Frankly, City looked every bit as laboured as they had against Fulham up to that point of a quite bizarre Premier League duel. Kamara’s arrival just before the hour mark sparked a shift in the dynamic.
A far post bicycle kick barely a minute after his entrance was grasped by Howard. A header six yards out dropped wide after Wes Hoolahan finally had the sort of mobile target you suspect the Irishman had been craving.
You may also want to watch:
Everton failed to heed the warning, but Kamara was not finished; battling his dance partner Sebastien Bassong who glanced Russell Martin’s cross towards the feet of match-winner Holt. Kamara has already delivered a rich dividend barely 45 minutes into his City stint.
- 1 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 2 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 3 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 4 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 5 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 6 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 7 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 8 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 9 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 10 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest