Poll results: Norwich City supporters are not convinced selling striker Cameron Jerome would be a good idea
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Supporters are wary of Norwich City allowing striker Cameron Jerome to leave this summer, amid reports he could be sold.
The powerful striker was top scorer for the Canaries in the Championship last season with 17 goals. Only six players managed more than that in the division but The Mirror claim City are looking to cash in on the 30-year-old.
Jerome, who turns 31 in August, still has two years remaining on the deal he signed last summer when committing to the cause as manager Alex Neil looked to regroup following relegation from the Premier League.
However, after failing to secure an immediate return to the richest league in world football The Mirror have reported that Norwich are willing to listen to offers for the former Stoke forward.
We asked City fans for their thoughts on Jerome’s potential exit in an online poll and more than 60 per cent of over 2,200 people taking part said he should not be sold.
While that is something of a vote in confidence, that means the remaining 40pc think he is expendable.
You may also want to watch:
During a summer of much upheaval, as sporting director Stuart Webber and head coach Daniel Farke set about revitalising City’s playing squad, the money Jerome could generate would be helpful.
His age would suggest it is unlikely that any fee would be more than £5million but his reliable Championship figure are likely to make Jerome an attractive proposition for teams such as relegated Middlesbrough and Sunderland, who have both already been linked.
- 1 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 2 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 3 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 5 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 6 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 7 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 8 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 9 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
With Nelson Oliveira poised to be first choice next season, having scored 12 in 30 games in all competitions, clearly some fans are willing to accept Jerome’s exit as part of the revamp.
The statistic boffins at whoscored.com recorded that Jerome scored his 16 goals last season from a total of 84 shots in 40 games – and it seems that profligacy has not been forgotten about.
Should City cash in on Jerome this summer?
Yes, he’s expendable – 40pc
No, he’s a proven Championship striker – 60pc