Poor start to the season for defending champions
The season started on Saturday with the traditional start of the first round of the Birds Sport & Outdoor Benevolent Cup, the league’s equivalent of the Cup Winners Cup.
The holders, and defending league champions, Bridgham United got their season off to a poor start with a 7-0 home defeat at the hands of Dereham Town A.
The other three away teams also won. Yaxham will be pleased with their 2-1 win at last season’s all conquering Division Four champions Diss Town A. Castle Acre Swifts also pulled off a very creditable 5-2 win at Feltwell United while last season’s Division One runners-up Thetford Rovers Reserves won by the odd goal of three away to Thurton & Ashby.
There was just one match in Division One with Swaffham Town A winning their local derby at Narborough 2-1.
In Division Two, Sporle enjoyed a good 5-2 win at Hethersett Athletic, Necton won 6-2 at home to relegated Cockers, and North Elmham celebrated their first match following promotion with a 4-1 win at Nostro.
You may also want to watch:
Division Three produced three draws from the six matches played. In a very entertaining match well refereed by Ian Conway, Bawdeswell and Rampant Horse took a point each from a 2-2 draw. Mulbarton Wanderers Reserves and Hingham Athletic Reserves ended up with the same scoreline while Marham Wanderers and Rockland United Reserves shared the spoils from a 3-3 draw.
Great Cressingham beat Mattishall A by the odd goal of seven, Scarning United got off to a winning start with a 3-1 home win over Colkirk and Splitz United ran out 4-2 winners at Stoke Ferry.
- 1 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 2 City keeper issues injury update
- 3 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 4 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 5 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 6 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
- 7 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 10 Young City winger completes permanent Harrogate Town move
In Division Four there were mixed results for some of the league’s newcomers. Watton United A beat Nostro Reserves 4-0 at home and Litcham took a point from a 4-4 home draw with Shropham United Reserves.
Methwold United were soundly beaten 10-0 at home by North Elmham Reserves and Walsingham United went down 6-2 at home to Tacolneston Reserves.