Poor start to year for Mousehold
Mousehold 1st 0, Jubilee Rangers 4: Both teams were looking forward to this game after a long lay-off from the weather and Christmas break, however neither keeper was seriously troubled early on as both sides looked for an opening.
On 20 minutes Mousehold went behind when a Jubilee Rangers player had a shot from outside the area fly past the diving Mousehold keeper into the top right corner.
Mousehold went further behind five minutes later when a catalogue of mistakes led to Jubilee Rangers scoring again. Mousehold had several chances in the first half but failed to convert them into goals, while Jubilee Rangers had few chances but were able to capitalise.
Jubilee then started to apply more pressure towards the end of the half and Mousehold keeper had several saves to make to keep the score to 2-0 at half time.
Mousehold started the second half better and forced a corner, which did not trouble the Jubilee defence. They counter-attacked and scored when the resulting cross was met by a Jubilee player unmarked at the far post for 3-0. Frustration started to show and Mousehold received a couple of yellow cards in quick succession.
Mousehold made substitutions to try and get something out of this game and towards the end again they had chances - but wayward shooting and a point blank-save by the Jubilee keeper kept them from scoring.
In the last quarter-hour Jubilee had a corner which was cleared, only to fall to a Jubilee player outside of the area.
- 1 Stuart Webber opens up on Norwich City's dire season
- 2 Smith searching for a Pukki support cast
- 3 How much is Teemu Pukki worth to Norwich City?
- 4 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on AFC Wimbledon winger
- 5 Chris Sutton: What do City fans prefer - the Premier League or the Championship?
- 6 City legend Fleming departs Southampton coaching role
- 7 Aarons called up by England under-21s
- 8 Former City keeper set to leave Wolves
- 9 McLean hammer blow for Scots' World Cup bid
- 10 David Hannant: A barrel-scraping end of season highlight reel
He volleyed the ball which seemed to avoid the ruck of players in the penalty area, the Mousehold keeper who was unsighted got his hands to the shot but was unable to keep the ball out of the net, putting Jubilee Rangers 4-0 up.
The manager was disappointed with the first performance of the year, and declined to award a man of the match.