Poor start to year for Mousehold
Mousehold 1st 0, Jubilee Rangers 4: Both teams were looking forward to this game after a long lay-off from the weather and Christmas break, however neither keeper was seriously troubled early on as both sides looked for an opening.
On 20 minutes Mousehold went behind when a Jubilee Rangers player had a shot from outside the area fly past the diving Mousehold keeper into the top right corner.
Mousehold went further behind five minutes later when a catalogue of mistakes led to Jubilee Rangers scoring again. Mousehold had several chances in the first half but failed to convert them into goals, while Jubilee Rangers had few chances but were able to capitalise.
Jubilee then started to apply more pressure towards the end of the half and Mousehold keeper had several saves to make to keep the score to 2-0 at half time.
Mousehold started the second half better and forced a corner, which did not trouble the Jubilee defence. They counter-attacked and scored when the resulting cross was met by a Jubilee player unmarked at the far post for 3-0. Frustration started to show and Mousehold received a couple of yellow cards in quick succession.
You may also want to watch:
Mousehold made substitutions to try and get something out of this game and towards the end again they had chances - but wayward shooting and a point blank-save by the Jubilee keeper kept them from scoring.
In the last quarter-hour Jubilee had a corner which was cleared, only to fall to a Jubilee player outside of the area.
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 4 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 7 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 10 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
He volleyed the ball which seemed to avoid the ruck of players in the penalty area, the Mousehold keeper who was unsighted got his hands to the shot but was unable to keep the ball out of the net, putting Jubilee Rangers 4-0 up.
The manager was disappointed with the first performance of the year, and declined to award a man of the match.