Portsmouth U18 0, Norwich City U18 1
John Landamore City's Academy side took all three points in their FA Premier Academy Under-18 League game at Portsmouth even though Ricky Martin named a very young side that contained four under-16 players.
Portsmouth U-18 0, Norwich City U-18 1
City Under-18s took all three points in their FA Premier Academy League game at Portsmouth even though Ricky Martin named a very young side that contained four under-16 players.
The only goal came in the first half with Matthew Ball finishing from just outside the area after some great build-up play.
You may also want to watch:
The Canaries might have added to that goal in the first half but some good saves from the Pompey 'keeper and a couple of missed opportunites left them with a one-goal advantage at the break.
Chances were few and far between after the interval but the visitors still held the upper hand.
- 1 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 4 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 5 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 6 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 7 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 8 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
- 9 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 10 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
The win keeps the pressure on Arsenal, who top the table with City and Crystal Palace not far behind.
Academy manager Martin said: “I was really pleased with how we played and the four under-16s that started, making the performance even better.”
Next weekend Tottenham are the vistors to Colney.
Norwich City Under-18: Steer, Jones, McKenzie, Stephens, Gordon, Bossman (Clarke, 60 min) Ball, Dobbs, Dawkin, Danny Kelly, Drmola (Oakley, 70 min). Subs (not used) Sam Kelly, Loza, Matthews.