Portsmouth U18 0, Norwich City U18 1
John Landamore City's Academy side took all three points in their FA Premier Academy Under-18 League game at Portsmouth even though Ricky Martin named a very young side that contained four under-16 players.
Portsmouth U-18 0, Norwich City U-18 1
City Under-18s took all three points in their FA Premier Academy League game at Portsmouth even though Ricky Martin named a very young side that contained four under-16 players.
The only goal came in the first half with Matthew Ball finishing from just outside the area after some great build-up play.
The Canaries might have added to that goal in the first half but some good saves from the Pompey 'keeper and a couple of missed opportunites left them with a one-goal advantage at the break.
Chances were few and far between after the interval but the visitors still held the upper hand.
- 1 'It's something' - Fans react to City's point at Wolves
- 2 WOLVES 1 CANARIES 1 - Key moments, ratings and stats
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Wolves 1-1 Norwich City
- 4 Robin Sainty: The current situation at Norwich City is toxic
- 5 City winger Springett on Ireland youth team radar
- 6 Follow live updates from Wolves v Norwich City
- 7 Former City star's wife tells of player's devastating dementia battle
- 8 City boss in the market for another 'Buendia-style' creative spark
- 9 Spud Thornhill: Let's make sure we're Norwich City united!
- 10 Ex-Canary Whittaker excited for Fleetwood assistant role
The win keeps the pressure on Arsenal, who top the table with City and Crystal Palace not far behind.
Academy manager Martin said: “I was really pleased with how we played and the four under-16s that started, making the performance even better.”
Next weekend Tottenham are the vistors to Colney.
Norwich City Under-18: Steer, Jones, McKenzie, Stephens, Gordon, Bossman (Clarke, 60 min) Ball, Dobbs, Dawkin, Danny Kelly, Drmola (Oakley, 70 min). Subs (not used) Sam Kelly, Loza, Matthews.