Positive news for Norwich City on Alex Pritchard’s recovery from injury
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
There was a promising piece of news amongst Daniel Farke’s gloomy injury update at Colney this afternoon.
Although the German coach has several injury issues to contend with for tomorrow’s Carrow Road clash with Hull, playmaker Alex Pritchard could be back in December.
The former Tottenham talent injured his ankle in pre-season and was due to return in January.
“Alex Pritchard is able to do some running stuff and we have to hope he perhaps can return after the next international break to team training,” Farke said. “So that would mean he is back in the middle of November, he would need additional weeks of training before he is back.
“As I mentioned a few weeks ago I think about him for the beginning of January, so perhaps he can return a little bit earlier if everything works.
You may also want to watch:
“If there is not setback then it could be that he will be in team training in the middle of November then perhaps after three or four weeks in the middle of December perhaps he is available for a short-term appearance in the league.”
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 5 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 6 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 7 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis