Positive signs for Wroxham boss Ross Potter
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Wroxham will be looking to build on their opening win of the new season when they entertain Stanway Rovers.
The Yachtsmen’s return to Eastern Counties League football was looking anything but plain sailing until last weekend’s 4-0 win at Wivenhoe, which followed a draw and a home defeat.
Ross Gilfedder got off the mark for the season with a brace a week ago and manager Ross Potter was delighted for the striker, who has been playing catch-up with his fitness.
“Gilfedder getting off the mark is a big positive,” said Potter.
“Ross missed a lot of pre-season, which is why he hasn’t had as many minutes as he would have got otherwise and that’s good for him.”
You may also want to watch:
Today’s visitors have won once and lost the other four games from their five matches. They can call on a number of players familiar to Wroxham, having appointed Kemal Izzet as player-manager during the summer – the former Needham Market and Colchester midfielder has brought in players from a higher level, including prolific marksman Jamie Guy.
Wroxham will have to do without the services of Adam Plumstead, who serves a one-match ban following his dismissal in the home defeat to Great Yarmouth, whilst Mark Shadrack is also unavailable. Adam Smith may be available after missing last week’s game due to injury, but today may be too early for Michael Sommerfield to make a starting return.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 3 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 4 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 6 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
- 7 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
- 8 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
Thetford Town – who have won three of their first four games – travel to FC Clacton.
Kirkley & Pakefield and Fakenham Town are already in desperate need of some winning form to get out of the bottom two spots.
The Royals have lost both their games and face a difficult trip to Histon this afternoon, while Fakenham have lost three in a row. They are at home to Wivenhoe Town, who have lost both their games.
In the First Division, Kings Lynn Town Reserves are at home to Holland FC, Wisbech St Mary travel to Leiston, March Town United welcome Debenham LC, Norwich United’s second string are at home to Needham Market and Downham town visit early leaders Woodbridge Town.