Posties deliver a very early goal
Central & South Norfolk League: The new League season got under way with 20 matches across the four divisions. The defending league champions Toftwood Rangers were held to a 4-4 home draw by Rockland United.
The new League season got under way with 20 matches across the four divisions.
The defending league champions Toftwood Rangers were held to a 4-4 home draw by Rockland United.
Dereham Posties probably scored the quickest goal of the day with one after just 20 seconds of their match at Bridgham United and that put them on track for a 4-2 win.
Gressenhall got off to an impressive start with a 5-0 success at Dereham Town A, Mulbarton Wanderers won 2-0 at home to Hingham Athletic and North Elmham won by the odd goal of three at Yaxham in a very close game which was well refereed by Paul Daniels.
You may also want to watch:
In Division Two, the promoted teams had mixed fortunes. Cockers were the only winners, beating Wymondham Town A 3-2.
Hingham Athletic Reserves were soundly beaten 6-0 by Tacolneston and Watton United A went down by the odd goal of three at home to Morley Village Reserves.
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 3 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 4 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 5 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 6 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 7 Local lad tag weighs heavy on Cantwell's shoulders
- 8 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal
- 9 Farke's fledglings: How City chief moulded the next generation for Canaries
- 10 City defender likened to a 'young Rio Ferdinand'
Relegated team Swaffham Town A went down 3-1 at Dickleburgh.
The equal highest score of the day was in Division Three where West End netted eight against Rockland United Reserves without reply.
Of the promoted teams, Shropham United were the only winners. They beat Gressenhall Reserves 5-2.