MATCHDAY RECAP: West Ham 2 Norwich City 0 - Awful afternoon for Canaries at London Stadium
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City returned to Premier League action with a 2-0 loss at West Ham this afternoon and our reporters were there to bring you all the updates, analysis and post-match reaction.
The Canaries put in a good effort but were beaten 3-2 by Chelsea in a hard fought encounter at Carrow Road last weekend, as their bright start to life in the top flight continued.
However, 11 changes were made for a disappointing 1-0 loss at League Two side Crawley Town in the League Cup second round on Tuesday evening, with Timm Klose picking up a potentially season-ending knee injury.
Grant Hanley has also picked up a groin injury in training, leaving Daniel Farke's centre-back option depleted for this afternoon's game at the London Stadium (3pm kick-off).
The Hammers lost their opener at home to Manchester City 5-0 before drawing 1-1 at Brighton and winning 3-1 at Watford in the league, with £45m record signing Sebastien Haller scoring twice.
You may also want to watch:
Manuel Pellegrini's team did manage to beat League Two opposition on Tuesday, winning 2-0 at Newport County despite making 10 changes to their starting XI.
- You can follow live updates from the London Stadium above
- 1 City keeper issues injury update
- 2 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 3 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 4 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 5 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 6 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 7 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 8 Young City winger completes permanent Harrogate Town move
- 9 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 10 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill