MATCHDAY RECAP: West Ham 2 Norwich City 0 - Awful afternoon for Canaries at London Stadium
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City returned to Premier League action with a 2-0 loss at West Ham this afternoon and our reporters were there to bring you all the updates, analysis and post-match reaction.
The Canaries put in a good effort but were beaten 3-2 by Chelsea in a hard fought encounter at Carrow Road last weekend, as their bright start to life in the top flight continued.
However, 11 changes were made for a disappointing 1-0 loss at League Two side Crawley Town in the League Cup second round on Tuesday evening, with Timm Klose picking up a potentially season-ending knee injury.
Grant Hanley has also picked up a groin injury in training, leaving Daniel Farke's centre-back option depleted for this afternoon's game at the London Stadium (3pm kick-off).
The Hammers lost their opener at home to Manchester City 5-0 before drawing 1-1 at Brighton and winning 3-1 at Watford in the league, with £45m record signing Sebastien Haller scoring twice.
You may also want to watch:
Manuel Pellegrini's team did manage to beat League Two opposition on Tuesday, winning 2-0 at Newport County despite making 10 changes to their starting XI.
- You can follow live updates from the London Stadium above
- 1 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 2 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 3 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 4 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 5 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 6 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 7 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 8 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 9 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 10 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest