MATCHDAY RECAP: West Ham 2 Norwich City 0 - Awful afternoon for Canaries at London Stadium
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City returned to Premier League action with a 2-0 loss at West Ham this afternoon and our reporters were there to bring you all the updates, analysis and post-match reaction.
The Canaries put in a good effort but were beaten 3-2 by Chelsea in a hard fought encounter at Carrow Road last weekend, as their bright start to life in the top flight continued.
However, 11 changes were made for a disappointing 1-0 loss at League Two side Crawley Town in the League Cup second round on Tuesday evening, with Timm Klose picking up a potentially season-ending knee injury.
Grant Hanley has also picked up a groin injury in training, leaving Daniel Farke's centre-back option depleted for this afternoon's game at the London Stadium (3pm kick-off).
The Hammers lost their opener at home to Manchester City 5-0 before drawing 1-1 at Brighton and winning 3-1 at Watford in the league, with £45m record signing Sebastien Haller scoring twice.
You may also want to watch:
Manuel Pellegrini's team did manage to beat League Two opposition on Tuesday, winning 2-0 at Newport County despite making 10 changes to their starting XI.
- You can follow live updates from the London Stadium above
- 1 City draw up target list
- 2 Skipp ready for Premier League ... with Spurs, says Mason
- 3 Gunn and Walton on City watch list as Nyland future remains unclear
- 4 Celtic move came too early for Pukki, insists former boss
- 5 Robin Sainty: Where City lead, others will surely follow
- 6 Former Canaries attacker released by Bristol City
- 7 New City deal for Farke on the cards and Webber open to staying
- 8 The People's Pink Un: Your messages to Norwich City, Part 1
- 9 Pain and anguish but never a lack of belief for Canaries' chief
- 10 David Freezer: Desire to defy the odds is essential for City