PRESS CONFERENCE RECAP: Wigan Athletic v Norwich City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke spoke to the media again this afternoon, fresh from Norwich City’s dramatic 2-2 home draw with Reading at Carrow Road last night.
The Canaries stormed back with two goals in three minutes to claim a late lead against the lowly Royals but wild celebrations were cut short by an Andy Rinomhota equaliser in the seventh minute of injury-time.
With Sheffield United being held to a 1-1 draw at Birmingham it wasn’t too much of a setback, keeping Farke’s team seven points clear of the third-placed Blades ahead of a trip to Wigan on Sunday.
The Latics suffered a blow on Wednesday night when they allowed a lead to slip as they were beaten 2-1 at Hull, with the winner coming in the 89th minute. That brought an end to a three-game unbeaten run for Paul Cook’s team, leaving them two points clear of the relegation zone with five games remaining.
City needed a late Mario Vrancic penalty to beat the Latics 1-0 at Carrow Road in September but are unbeaten in nine, with the draw against Reading denying a ninth successive victory.
You may also want to watch:
The league leaders have sold an impressive 5,000 tickets for the Sunday midday televised clash at the DW Stadium, which will follow Sheffield United hosting Millwall (3pm) and Leeds entertaining local rivals Sheffield Wednesday (5.30pm) on Saturday.
• Catch up on all the updates from City’s press conference above
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 3 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 5 Stiepermann opens up about health problems
- 6 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 7 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 8 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Prolific Greek international in Canaries' sights
- 10 Farke hopes 'outstanding' City midfielder can shake off injury issues