Pressure on for Students
Team Bath head coach Andy Tillson insists it is 'win or bust' ahead his side's Southern League, Premier Division trip to Bromsgrove. The second-placed Students must win today against relegation-threatened Rovers to stand any chance of overhauling Lynn's two point lead at the summit ahead of their final day trip to Chippenham.
Team Bath head coach Andy Tillson insists it is 'win or bust' ahead his side's Southern League, Premier Division trip to Bromsgrove.
The second-placed Students must win today against relegation-threatened Rovers to stand any chance of overhauling Lynn's two point lead at the summit ahead of their final day trip to Chippenham.
Tillson accepts the leaders' vastly superior goal difference means Keith Webb's side are odds on favourites to lift the championship.
“It's very simple for us - the mind set has to be to go out and win the last two games and even then it might not be enough for the title,” said Tillson. “I always think that takes the pressure off you as a player because you know exactly what you have to do and how you have to approach things. There are still so many scenarios, but we must affect the two games we are able to affect and let the rest take care of itself.”
You may also want to watch:
Tillson refuses to throw in the title towel after watching his side's comeback 4-2 win over Lynn's opponents this afternoon.
“We showed great character to come from 2-0 down, but we have got to start better because you cannot give sides an advantage like that and expect to win,” he said. “Over the last three games, we have shown signs of being a proper team. We played very well the week before against King's Lynn and deserved to win that one and were excellent going forward at Bashley but ended up losing. We just need to put the three elements - character, flair and real spirit - together over the last couple of games and hope that it's enough.”
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: QPR v City - Bullish Farke on Aarons' Everton link; no new injuries
- 2 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 3 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 4 Transfer rumours: Everton 'step up interest' in City star
- 5 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 6 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 7 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 8 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 9 Canaries legend thinks promotion party was fully deserved
- 10 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender