Preston boss dismisses Fotheringham move
Preston North End boss Alan Irvine has dismissed reports Norwich City skipper Mark Fotheringham was set to bolster his midfield.The 25-year-old Scot had been linked with a loan move to the Canaries' Championship rivals earlier in the week after an alleged fall-out at Carrow Road following Saturday's defeat to Coventry.
Preston North End boss Alan Irvine has dismissed reports Norwich City skipper Mark Fotheringham was set to bolster his midfield.
The 25-year-old Scot had been linked with a loan move to the Canaries' Championship rivals earlier in the week after an alleged fall-out at Carrow Road following Saturday's defeat to Coventry.
Although Irvine admitted he spoke to Bryan Gunn about the player, he insisted it was the Canaries who approached him.
“There is nothing in it,” the Deepdale manager said in response to stories the ex-Celtic and Dundee playmaker could be arriving in time for North End's visit to Crystal Palace at the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
“There is always a lot of speculation at this time of year, but this one certainly isn't true. It really came out of nothing. I got a call from Bryan Gunn earlier in the week, but a loan deal is not something I am wanting to do. It is not going to happen.”
North End are unlikely to bring any more players in this season, barring a full-blown emergency, and have no plans to release any of their current squad - something believed to have put the scuppers on any exchange Norwich were planning for their fallen captain.
- 1 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Leverkusen are main rival for Celtic star
- 3 City target Chelsea’s Scotland star Billy Gilmour
- 4 City not pursuing Holland winger linked as summer target
- 5 Promotion winning former City defender retires
- 6 No regrets just life lessons for City old boy
- 7 Q&A: Assessing City's Premier League prospects with Dave and Connor
- 8 NCFC survey: Let us know your transfer views and top targets
- 9 City can cut it in the Premier League for Morris
- 10 A quiet night for Pukki as Finland fail to finish in the top two of Euro2020 group