Preston boss dismisses Fotheringham move
Preston North End boss Alan Irvine has dismissed reports Norwich City skipper Mark Fotheringham was set to bolster his midfield.The 25-year-old Scot had been linked with a loan move to the Canaries' Championship rivals earlier in the week after an alleged fall-out at Carrow Road following Saturday's defeat to Coventry.
Preston North End boss Alan Irvine has dismissed reports Norwich City skipper Mark Fotheringham was set to bolster his midfield.
The 25-year-old Scot had been linked with a loan move to the Canaries' Championship rivals earlier in the week after an alleged fall-out at Carrow Road following Saturday's defeat to Coventry.
Although Irvine admitted he spoke to Bryan Gunn about the player, he insisted it was the Canaries who approached him.
“There is nothing in it,” the Deepdale manager said in response to stories the ex-Celtic and Dundee playmaker could be arriving in time for North End's visit to Crystal Palace at the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
“There is always a lot of speculation at this time of year, but this one certainly isn't true. It really came out of nothing. I got a call from Bryan Gunn earlier in the week, but a loan deal is not something I am wanting to do. It is not going to happen.”
North End are unlikely to bring any more players in this season, barring a full-blown emergency, and have no plans to release any of their current squad - something believed to have put the scuppers on any exchange Norwich were planning for their fallen captain.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 7 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 10 Morris hopes to have found a 'home' after leaving Norwich City for Barnsley