Primary Cup: Denver FC 3, Wensum Albion 0
Wensum made the long trip to west Norfolk to take on Denver FC in the first round of the Primary Cup.
Albion started the brighter of the two teams with the majority of the football played in the opposition’s half. The first real chance of the game fell to Martin, created after good interplay and a fine ball from Rochford but the midfielder skied the effort from close range.
Rochford himself also went close when a Taylor cross rebounded off the bar but a weak shot failed to test the away keeper.
Denver scored with their first shot of the game as the ball cannoned off the underside of the bar and into the Albion goal.
Denver doubled their lead soon after a curling cross wasn’t dealt with and defender Philo could do little but put the ball into his own net in an attempt to clear having seen a header up the other end go close minutes earlier.
You may also want to watch:
Unlucky to be 2-0 down at the break Albion again were quick out of the blocks in the second half, but the more they chased the game the more Denver carved out chances of their own and killed the game off with a third goal.
Albion defender Mackenzie saw a goal chalked off late on having been adjudged to have fouled the keeper. Despite a good performance Albion won’t be making further progress in the cup this season.
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 3 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 4 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 7 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 Norwich loan has 'ticked every box' for Ben Gibson
- 10 City hold talks with Nyland