Primary Cup: Denver FC 3, Wensum Albion 0
Wensum made the long trip to west Norfolk to take on Denver FC in the first round of the Primary Cup.
Albion started the brighter of the two teams with the majority of the football played in the opposition’s half. The first real chance of the game fell to Martin, created after good interplay and a fine ball from Rochford but the midfielder skied the effort from close range.
Rochford himself also went close when a Taylor cross rebounded off the bar but a weak shot failed to test the away keeper.
Denver scored with their first shot of the game as the ball cannoned off the underside of the bar and into the Albion goal.
Denver doubled their lead soon after a curling cross wasn’t dealt with and defender Philo could do little but put the ball into his own net in an attempt to clear having seen a header up the other end go close minutes earlier.
You may also want to watch:
Unlucky to be 2-0 down at the break Albion again were quick out of the blocks in the second half, but the more they chased the game the more Denver carved out chances of their own and killed the game off with a third goal.
Albion defender Mackenzie saw a goal chalked off late on having been adjudged to have fouled the keeper. Despite a good performance Albion won’t be making further progress in the cup this season.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: City remain top despite Luton defeat
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Arsenal linked with Canaries playmaker
- 3 Farke on young blood and Hatters at boiling point
- 4 Luton Town v Norwich City: Everything you need to know
- 5 PRESSER LIVE: Luton Town v Norwich City
- 6 FARKE: Full roll call on City's injured stars
- 7 Skipp is making his mark at City
- 8 Luton 3-1 City: Tired Canaries come up well short
- 9 Limited number of tickets left for fans ahead of Wednesday and Forest matches
- 10 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list