Problems piling up for Grant
Norwich City's injury and sickness problems showed no signs of easing today as they prepared for Saturday's Championship visit of Cardiff. Manager Peter Grant will be checking on no fewer eight senior players before being able to consider his starting line-up.
Norwich City's injury and sickness problems showed no signs of easing today as they prepared for Saturday's Championship visit of Cardiff.
Manager Peter Grant will be checking on no fewer eight senior players before being able to consider his starting line-up.
Skipper Jason Shackell is “not looking good” with an ankle injury, while Dion Dublin, Darren Huckerby and Julien Brellier are also suffering from the after effects of Tuesday's Carling Cup tie at Rochdale.
Striker David Strihavka still has a throat infection and new signing Ian Murray is still feeling unwell.
You may also want to watch:
There was better news of defender Adam Drury and striker Jamie Cureton, who were both due to return to training at Colney today.
Grant said: “I am hoping Jamie's going to be available. He is progressing and he has probably got a better chance of playing than anyone else.”
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 3 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 4 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 5 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 6 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 7 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 8 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 9 Connor Southwell: Why Emi Buendia must be crowned City's Player of the Season
- 10 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
Grant was set to assess his injury list after training today before deciding whether to look for further new recruits before the August transfer window closes tomorrow.
He said: “You make a lot of phone calls but a lot of people are in a similar boat.
“I am loath to buy for the sake of buying.
“We will make a few more calls today.”