PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Champagne and beers were flowing as all connected with Norwich City celebrated promotion but the players' day was spoiled by a 3-1 defeat to Bournemouth.
Draws for Swansea and Brentford earlier this afternoon sealed City's return to the Premier League, which had been looking inevitable after 11 wins in an unbeaten run of 13 matches.
Bournemouth arriveD with plenty to play for, sitting fifth after a five-game winning streak, with a four-point cushion to Reading in seventh.
It's a big opportunity for the Canaries as well though, as victory would move them 11 points clear of title rivals Watford with four games remaining.
The Hornets slipped to a 1-0 loss at Luton this afternoon and head to Carrow Road on Tuesday for a match which would see City claim the trophy if they are victorious.
- You can follow all the match action, analysis and reaction in the live blog above
- 1 Why a Premier League gamble makes no sense for Farke
- 2 Onel Hernandez reveals reason he got a Norwich City tattoo
- 3 Former City coach departs Ipswich Town
- 4 'I have to say I had more than one tear in my eye' - choked Farke on City duo's exit
- 5 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v City - No fresh injuries. Skipp and Pukki will be part of celebrations
- 6 Why Norwich City won't be a soft touch in the Premier League
- 7 Norwich City transfer rumours: Cardiff man once again linked
- 8 'Perfection' - Dowell on getting back to the big time with Canaries
- 9 When will Norwich City learn their Premier League fixtures?
- 10 Rosenborg set for talks with Tettey