United ‘considering bid’ for Teemu Pukki - reports
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Manchester United’s search for additional firepower seem to have led them to Norwich City’s Teemu Pukki, according to a national newspaper report.
Marcus Rashford's stress fracture in his back has seen United search for another striker, with Bournemouth's Joshua King and Real Sociedad's Willian Jose linked.
The Telegraph are reporting that Pukki was the subject of interest from Solskjaer's men but they've been warned the Finn isn't for sale under any circumstances, as City continue to fight for their survival.
Napoli's Dries Mertens is also on their long list of targets as they looked to find a short term replacement for the influential Rashford.
United completed the biggest signing of the January window on Thursday as they completed a deal to bring Sporting Clube de Portugal midfielder Bruno Fernandes to Old Trafford for a fee rumoured to be around £60million.
You may also want to watch:
Their search for a striker has been less successful however, with Solskjaer's desire for more firepower running cold at present.
Pukki is an integral part of City's squad, with the prolific striker responsible for 11 goals this season, a number equal to Liverpool's Mo Salah.
- 1 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 2 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 4 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 6 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 7 Hugill thrilled with brace and determined to help keep City on track
- 8 'Great header' - Hugill's goal earns seal of approval from Holt
- 9 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
- 10 Watch extended highlights of the Canaries' 2-0 win over Bristol City
City will refuse all interest of their key players on Deadline Day, with Daniel Farke keen to retain the services of his talented operators.