United ‘considering bid’ for Teemu Pukki - reports
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Manchester United’s search for additional firepower seem to have led them to Norwich City’s Teemu Pukki, according to a national newspaper report.
Marcus Rashford's stress fracture in his back has seen United search for another striker, with Bournemouth's Joshua King and Real Sociedad's Willian Jose linked.
The Telegraph are reporting that Pukki was the subject of interest from Solskjaer's men but they've been warned the Finn isn't for sale under any circumstances, as City continue to fight for their survival.
Napoli's Dries Mertens is also on their long list of targets as they looked to find a short term replacement for the influential Rashford.
United completed the biggest signing of the January window on Thursday as they completed a deal to bring Sporting Clube de Portugal midfielder Bruno Fernandes to Old Trafford for a fee rumoured to be around £60million.
You may also want to watch:
Their search for a striker has been less successful however, with Solskjaer's desire for more firepower running cold at present.
Pukki is an integral part of City's squad, with the prolific striker responsible for 11 goals this season, a number equal to Liverpool's Mo Salah.
- 1 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 5 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 6 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 7 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 8 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 9 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
- 10 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
City will refuse all interest of their key players on Deadline Day, with Daniel Farke keen to retain the services of his talented operators.